PDA

View Full Version : tiger creek/lake tabeaud

fulltroutjones
08-16-2006, 06:04 PM
I need some help in finding this place.i know it is off 88 but if someone could give me the specifics,coming from jackson 88..thanks

Stinger15
08-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Tabeaud road is off Clinton. There is a W clinton turn off 88 that takes you to Tabeaud rd. Tiger creek road is east another ten miles up 88.
go to www.google.com type in "jackson, ca" the first link you will see is google map. click on that and it will show you jackson, ca . use your mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out, click the map and drag to show more of the map(move the whole map in any direction.) w. clinton road is up a little bit from hiway 49. You can go that way, but if you go up 88 till you see a sign that says (roaring 20's campground) i think that was the name, it takes you to the lake. Or print the map off google. Tiger creek has it's own street heading south off of hiway 88. It is on the map, just keep looking east up 88 and you will see it. About ten miles east. Let me know how you do at Tabeaud. I bought a pontoon boat and will go back to the lake and try finding cooler water. Tried from the bank with no luck.

fulltroutjones
08-16-2006, 08:25 PM
thank you .i appreciate it ,and ill be sure to let you know how i do there..

*Deltadog*
08-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Whats the story? How did you do at Tiger?
* Dog

Fishin_Maverick
08-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Beenfishin there at Tabeaud over 20 years...Easiest way to get there is take 88 to jackson, do not take the turn to Tahoe, go straight. About a mile down the road, turn left on Clinton road, there is a theater there, and the CHP andDMV offices on the left. Follow that road till you get to Tabeaud road, continue straight to the main gate then a right turn into the day use area. As for fishing, take the gravel road around, and over the dam, to the back side. This is a dusty bumpy road, 5 mph tops..go past the house, then make a left and follow it to a small parking aea. Park there and walk down the road to the end, find a spot adn start fishing. There is a canal that is on the right side that feeds the lake, very good fishing if you can get down there. Have caught many planter trout, and a few holdover in addition to browns in the winter. Took my boys there bout a month ago, there 5 minutes and my 7 year old caught 1. Dad took kids there a week later and left with 2 limits. In my opinion, a very good place to fish without driving 2 to 3 hours.

fulltroutjones
08-19-2006, 10:06 PM
well thank you maverick,you saved me from a skunking today..hit bear early morning *to meet family..5 hrs 1 fish(father-in-law got it),,2 nibbles 6 poles...moved to tiger creek and got skunked there also...so then we hit the canal at *lake tabeaud..you led me to the right spot,looked promising from the get go and i got a nice planter on the first cast..i ended up with 4 in about an hour..bouncin a worm off the bottom..thanks for the help ..