PDA

View Full Version : Caples

Phishinfool2
08-13-2006, 07:04 AM
Well took a chance and went to caples, started on shore by the spillway caught 2 off rainbow pwrbait, a family acroos the lake seemed to be catching(and missing) well. 7am launched and headed for the spillway for 2 more with firetiger needlefish. Saw quite a few fish on the screen but not much action try alot of different tackle, at the east side of lake where the little stream comes in hit them well with a neddlefish multicolor Orange,yellow,white, pink(not sure the name).headed back to spillway and saw appx 15 ppl fishing from it(so there must have been something there.Enuf for me went home to finish painting.
Jim

*Deltadog*
08-13-2006, 09:17 AM
http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1155181841
* Check this.... And as for those people on the dam, they are of the impression that those fish they see right below them will bite. Not so true, caught one guy snagging when I was up there last week, threatened to call DFG on him and he took off. That little spot I fished was a honey hole!!
Dog

anglinfool
08-14-2006, 06:49 AM
Fished Caples on Saturday early AM until about noon just past the dam. I caught 5, buddy got 3. One on powerbait and the rest on various panther martins and a kastmaster.