PDA

View Full Version : going to east carson next weds.

trout_man
07-26-2006, 03:10 PM
anyone fished east carson lately. i know the west is good but don't know it well enough to fish.

thanks

brendensboat
07-26-2006, 03:48 PM
I was there about 3 weeks ago on the carson and the water was still up high with a lot of white water,i managed to do alot better on the trucky.
hope valley area also the tahoe tributaries produced as well...
good luck brenden

trout_man
07-26-2006, 04:07 PM
by the time the water level is good to fish it'd be too cold to fish.

Earlyo
07-28-2006, 07:09 PM
I was up there about a month and a half ago and only managed to catch one fish but it was a nice 3.9lb trout. Going up there on Friday myself so let us know how you do. Where are the hot spots on the West Carson. I don't know it that well also. Tried last time but with no luck.

trout_man
07-31-2006, 02:31 PM
well just called the shop over there and the lady said that the fishing has been great. can anyone else say so?

djh
07-31-2006, 03:07 PM
anyone fished east carson lately.
My son and I fished the E. Carson this last Friday morning. DFG planted it the previous week. We probably caught 10 - 12 or so and kept 4 nice ones for the skillet. The river flow was down to ~ 350 CFS, which was very fishable (DrS has posted a "River Flows" link at the top of the General Freshwater Board). If they get thunder storms, the flow can spike which definitely negatively affects the fishing, so check the links prior to going. Anything works on the planters - we use King Salmon Roe.. they'll jump over a semi full of commercial eggs to get to one small piece of that stuff, but anything works on planters. Good luck.

trout_man
07-31-2006, 03:54 PM
thats good news. is it wadable now?

fishnhockey
07-31-2006, 07:09 PM
Sounds a lot like last year! I'll be heading up in 2 weeks for 5 days, hopefully sans the bear stories, but with another 10lbr! The water and fishing will continue to improve over the coming weeks, just watch for the hatches and take bug spray!

FreshwaterFrank
08-01-2006, 05:25 AM
Check out Mark Wiza's articles & comments about the E.Fork. He knows the river as well as anyone, especially the C&R section below the bridge. Upstream along the road, I rarely fish, but from Wolf Creek up is great water & untrammelled by the masses. The farther upstream you go, the better it gets all the way to Carson Falls. My favorite trout offering, which never fails? Grasshoppers. Weez suggested nymphs to me for the Mt.Whitefish, and I'll report that they work better than anything else I've tried...but still nothing is surefire for them. Don't sneer at the whitefish, they get 20-22" and are the tastiest fish in the river.