PDA

View Full Version : Blue Lakes (Alpine Co.)

jdpeddler
07-27-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm headin up to Blue Lakes (Alpine Co) soon. Any tips on how to catch the 'bow's and Cutthrouts? Will be trolling mostly. But any advice is welcome.
Also, midweek will there be any problem securing a campsite at Upper Blue?

Thanks

jdp

FISH_GURU
07-28-2006, 08:00 AM
small rapalas in trout or fire tiger, if you troll these in lower blue you should catch 20 -30 a day, troll fast and try floaters and countdown to see what works better. This will work better than any thing else lower blue lake, guaranteed

fishnallday35
07-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Is this the Blue of Hwy 88?? If not oh well here a report anyway.

camping should be no problem...my buddies were just up there trolling brass/gold castmasters limited c&r lots of little fish....with one 2+pound cut bow they said

Thunderstorms last week were pretty bad.

fishnallday35
07-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Oh yeah they also used powereggs and crawlers!

fishjon
07-29-2006, 08:46 AM
I've seen people fish everything up there. It all depends on if the fish are biting or not. This year has been weird at the higher elevations. Pretty slow.

I always thought upper blue would be a good place to hop in the float tube and troll a fly.

Let us know how you do.

Good luck.

Mr._Evinrude
07-29-2006, 09:02 AM
I've fished Lower Blue Lake for about 20 years. * I've cought hundreds of trout there but nothing big. *I usually troll with small fenders or plug with a float tube. *I can't stand bait fishing. *Where to fish depends on the water depth. *With a boat, you can catch them almost anywhere but stay away from the area closer to Upper Blue. *That 1/4 of the lake is usually more shallow. *Good luck and have a safe trip!!!!!! ;)