PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Next Week

fishintx
08-21-2008, 08:58 AM
What do you guys recommend for fishing mid next week- Halibut/Stripers or Rockfish/Lingcod?

sHoRe_fAnAtIc
08-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Where about are you planning to fish at?

fishintx
08-21-2008, 11:53 AM
I should have been more specific... probably leaving from Berkeley/Emeryville or HMB.

sHoRe_fAnAtIc
08-22-2008, 06:37 AM
Currently inside the bay the Striper bite has been good from time to time... Usually summer months are pretty good for stripers... With the major halibut run being over its harder to pick these guys, but if you do get them it'll either be a small typical bay halibut size (22-26in.) or a nice big one... Overall the striper bite has been decent...

If you're going out of HMB... ummm... I'm not sure what you can target.... I'm not sure what the rockfish regulations (might be closed) are since i don't really target these guys so you may want to ask before proceeding.... and with the salmon season being closed... there is not much to target unless the striper run has been good (haven't heard too much from outside the gate)....

I'm not sure if what I have said will help, but I would probably just suggest staying local and do a striper/halibut combo....

jikons
08-26-2008, 05:24 AM
I want to go out this Sunday 31st. This is my first time for halibut and strippers in the bay. Any suggestion of location?

okie
08-26-2008, 12:44 PM
straight out of berkeley marina, from half way out the pier to the end and south toward richmond or the ti flats from near thr rock wall south
bill

slick88
08-26-2008, 01:31 PM
I want to go out this Sunday 31st. *This is my first time for halibut and strippers in the bay. *Any suggestion of location? *

For strippers, go to Mitchell Brothers Theatre in San Francisco. ;D