PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Lake outing

brownblazin
07-06-2006, 06:57 PM
As of right now it looks like I am heading up to Cherry Lake on sunday. It has been a few years since I have been there. Has anyone fished this lake. Does anyone have any idea how the fishing is during this time of the year. I'm trying to get the boat running properly so I can take it but it's not looking good. I might have to do some bank fishing instead. Are there any recommendations on where to bank fish at? Most likely only going to fish with powerbait and maybe salmon eggs. Even if I get boat running I wont be trolling, considering I have never trolled. I have trolling equipment and want to learn but have no clue what to do. I'll be sure to let everyone know how the fishing goes on monday, possibly sunday night.

brownblazin
07-08-2006, 04:47 AM
ANYONE?? * [smiley=undecided.gif]

HOOF
07-08-2006, 07:57 AM
I actually fish cherry alot.I troll mostly,but the times I have bank fished I have done well by the launch ramp and the dam with night crawlers..Also if you do get your boat going the inlet always produces and any point on the right hand side of the lake(if you are going towards inlet).There is a point by the first big cove that is always good.

brownblazin
07-08-2006, 09:20 PM
thank you guy. [smiley=cheers.gif]

Slim
07-08-2006, 09:25 PM
The farside of the dam.. Good luck..

Slim

brownblazin
07-09-2006, 02:22 AM
Unfortunatly I cant make it on the day originally planned :( Looks like the earliest I can go is going to be Tuesday or Wednesday :)

brownblazin
07-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Get to go a little sooner than expected. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] Heading up in the morning (Monday). I am really looking forward to it because finally got the boat running correctly [smiley=bananasplits.gif] This will be my first time fishing Cherry from a boat. Might even fish Cherry creek after the lake, just depends on water level :-/ I will post a report after I get home tomarrow night.

Fish_R_Us
07-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Here's a post I did a couple months ago, you may want to go back and read all the threads:

Re: Cherry Lake
Reply #19 - 04/19/06 at 12:29pm Cherry Lake was one of our favorite haunts since we were in college. We would boat over to the opposite side near the Crerry Creek inlet and set up camp. We would creek fish the inlet and upstream past the little waterfall. The best trolling spots were along the east side, between the pipe inlet (from Lk Eleanor) past the island, up thru the big rock wall and ending at the creek inlet. The biggest kokes seemed to be deep at the big rock wall where all the cold water seems to be. Trout were all over the lake. The best place for trolling for bigger trout was right past the loading ramp on the way upstream. There's an underground mound that's almost visable during low summer water. The big trout seemed to be right under that rise. The Rangers told us that the pesky Yosemite bears were driven across the dam and set free on the boundry line betrween Yosemite and the Stanislaus Forest. We never had any bear problems camping on that side of the lake. The lake can be pretty windy during the late morning till afternoon. That tended to keep all the wood debris twords the creek inlet. Evenings seemed to calm down and then all the debris comes floating back into the northern part of the lake.

Please give us a report on how you did, or present lake conditions. Thanks.