PDA

View Full Version : A good fishing / camping lake?

Intradev
07-06-2006, 02:00 PM
I need some advice here. i am looking for a good producing fishing lake within a couple hours of Roseville where i can also camp for a few days. i will be doing 99% of my fishing from the boat with downriggers. i am also looking for some bass as well. This is planned as a relaxing getaway with the girlfriend so any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Crazy_Angler
07-06-2006, 02:22 PM
I would probably go to amador, becuase of the distance and nice atmoshpere. Trout fishing is pretty good too.

hammerbm
07-06-2006, 02:57 PM
I would suggest Bullards Bar. Its a good drive, and a way better atmosphere than Amador, not to mention cheaper. Emerald cove pretty much says it all, the water is an amazing green color with tons of wildlife and moutain scenerey. And considering your using downriggers, they have some great kokanee fishing as well as some rainbows and browns. And my last few trips there bass fishing produced endless numbers of spots, and a couple smallies. Its a great little lake, ive never been disapointed.

svtBrandon
07-06-2006, 03:24 PM
You can make it to a bunch of lakes in or around 2 hours from Roseville ( I also live here)... Amador, Folsom, Camp Far West come to mind if you want to stay down lower... up higher you have

Access from 80: Sugarpine, Boca, Stampede, Fuller(no gas motors on Fuller)

Access from 80 and 50: *Stumpy, Hell Hole, Loon Lake, Union Valley resv, Ice House, Dark Lake (You just have to know the right roads to access the crystal basin lakes from 80, but it's an easy drive especially if you know where uncle tom's cabin is)

Access from 50: those stated above, Lake Tahoe, Jennkinson's lake (Sly Park). *Sly Park also leads to Mormon Emigrant Trail which is a shortcut to 88 and my fav lakes..

Access from 88: Blue, Silver, Caples, Bear River Resv's

Just to name a few man.. All of those lakes are within or right around 2 hours travel time from Roseville, and I know I forgot quite a few lakes just wrote this before I had to head out though...I'm not sure which of those lakes also hold Bass though other then Amador, Folsom, and Camp Far (which doesn't have trout)... Union Valley should hold small mouth bass (as should Stampede from what I hear?)

tadams
07-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Jenkenson Lake/Sly Park lake has bass and trout. *Then you have Ice house, Union Valley, and my personal favorite Wrights lake. Wrights has a NO motor rule. Hope this helps Enjoy where ever you decide to go

Captain_Morgan
07-06-2006, 04:13 PM
I hear they're pulling big 3 eyed trout outta rancho seco. [smiley=tongue2.gif] And you can camp inside the silo's. [smiley=winkfs.gif]

Whats up Chuck!!!!

Crazy_Angler
07-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Rancho Seco seems like a good place but the lake is small and people say bad things about the pylons chemicals, but i don't care they have good healthy fish.

MADNESS_TFH
07-06-2006, 08:20 PM
theres also rollins bass trout bluegill catfish u might even see a blown alky hydro screamin by

Intradev
07-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Posted by: Captain_Morgan Posted on: Yesterday at 5:13pm
I hear they're pulling big 3 eyed trout outta rancho seco. And you can camp inside the silo's.
Whats up Chuck!!!!

LOL, whats up Morgan. Hmm, although a 3 eyed Bass sounds interesting :P i think i'll pass. lol

Thanks for all the input guys, i think i have decided that Camanche will be my chioce for this trip. i plan on tent camping for atleast 3 nights so the ammenities sure help (water, bathrooms, etc.) But the fishing does take top priority since i plan to fish all day everyday. depending on how hung over i am the 2nd/3rd day :o Anyone have any pointers for Camanche? - I've never fished there

Captain_Morgan - we still need to hook up. Maybe some salmon in early August? and my door is always open if your ever in the neighborhood. i'm just a few blocks directly south from the sawtell place. PM me for address

fish_feeder32
07-08-2006, 05:28 PM
there is pardee lake also. and you can catch some nice catfish at night also.

Tom_O
07-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Union Valley