PDA

View Full Version : Caples area this weekend

aamparan
07-06-2006, 10:26 PM
I want to get our and do some trout fishing this weekend but not sure where to go. *I was thinking Caples or Bear River Reservoir, anything around that general area. *Any tips on where to go???? *:-?

dirty3hirties
07-07-2006, 01:01 PM
If you go to Caples, try the inlet and the spillway. DFG scheduled a plant recently so it should be pretty good.

You can search these threads for some recent posts on Caples. I posted one about 1 month ago.....not "recent" by any means but there should be others. ;)

LRM
07-08-2006, 08:33 AM
I would try Caples this time of year; it is much cooler. If you can't find a camp site at Caples, you could try Silver Lake. Either way, it's a short drive and you can also try Silver Lake at the same time for fishing. Both Caples and Silver rent power boats, if you are interested.

8-)

atavuss
07-08-2006, 08:59 AM
I have read that there are boat eating boulders in Caples so be aware and be careful.

SEEKER
07-08-2006, 09:03 AM
A friend just got back fished Bear River and Caples. Said they had a blast. Easy limits. You may want to try flyfishing with some #22 black knats ;)

froggie
07-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Anybody know anything about nite fishing at Caples? We're gonna be there July 16-19th. Will be trying early am & afternoon, but would like to drop anchor & try at nite like we do at New Melones. Any info/suggestions would be helpful as we've never fished there before. This strand has given us some info already. Thanks for the tip about the boulders, the map I printed shows them. We'll be at the resort, so we'll have access to their dock.
Froggie [smiley=angling.gif]