PDA

View Full Version : Fuller Lake

lilguppie
07-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Has anyone fished Fuller, Carr or Rucker Lake on Bowman Lake Road lately? My husband and I were campground hosts at fuller lake 19 years ago, the summer we got married and where we made our 18 year old daughter. We've only been there a few times since then. I think I'm going to try to talk him in to going there within the next week or so. I know you can't camp there anymore, it's just day use now, but I think you can still camp at carr or rucker lake.

Jim
07-01-2006, 12:23 PM
You can camp at Lindsey lake also but not much in the way of fishing there. Some nice trails for walking though.

Jim

svtBrandon
07-01-2006, 01:41 PM
I've fished fuller a few times this year using Kastmasters and Panther Martain's at the dam area getting limits.. I generally move a good 150 yards away from the dam though and catch the 'wild' browns and brooks in my 'secret' spot... Takes some time to pattern them but once you get it it's fun fishing they hit hard last weekend ;) *As we left some people noticed my buddy and our fish and immediately ran to our spot but they had no success... some scuba divers said there is TONS of fish on the bottom in front of the dam though ... Well my 'secret spot' im not so sure if it's legal if that clues you into anything but I'm pretty posative it is and its on shoreline of the lake.. Some right nasty trout there if you get the pattern they like

lilguppie
07-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the info, I think I'll take my float tube.

Hooky_Time
07-05-2006, 12:16 AM
I took my older boy to Fuller last weekend and we caught lots of little planters from the boat this time. We usually fish on the other side of the dam from shore with good luck. The 'bows preferred salmon eggs over power bait and the little planter browns (just stocked) were suckers for black rooster tails. The best bait for the bigger browns (holdovers) is an inflated crawler but you have to be patient. The biggest I've caught there is 4 lbs and I've seen a few come out of there that were a bit larger.