PDA

View Full Version : Loon Lake 7-1

Mickey_Thomas
07-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Took Steelheadslayer and Anna and Anna's 2 daughters to Loon, arrived around 9:00 and started fishing right from the dock. Caught lots of fish and were able to release all of them back to be caught another day 8-) Beautiful day, light breeze and about 80 degrees. Water temp was arund 64 and most the fish were caught on Jay Fair Flys, orange color and brown color fished behind Vances watermelon dodgers. Caught fish from on top down to 30' or so. Fun time with family, came home and BBQ'ed a slab of fresh Salmon :D May hit Union Valley tomorrow, what the heck, the crowds weren't to bad today :)

cuhogn
07-01-2006, 08:30 PM
what the heck, the crowds weren't to bad today

Same at Melones more fisherman on the water than skiers, Monday must be a work day for most.

Sounds like a great day.

LRM
07-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the Loon report. Will be camping and fishing there the week of 7-10-06. I will report bears and fish!
8-)

TP
07-02-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm headed up for 4 days to Hit the rubicon and do a bunch of fishing. I'll post results on Saturday.
S_h

hitdog777
07-02-2006, 04:42 PM
I fished Loon yesterday as well from my Kayak. *I got on the water about 6:00 am and off by 9:30 am. *This was my first time to Loon so I wasn't sure of the best places to troll. *I launched and headed to the right of the boat ramp following the shore around the entire lake. *

I picked up a couple in the first hour but the action really picked up when I got to the North / West end of the lake in between a couple of Islands in the middle of the lake. *My best set up was a threaded night crawler with a silver / blue dodger. In total I boated 10 fish and brought 3 home for dinner.

I tried the leadcore out 2-3 colors with zero action. *I also tried an Orange Uncle Larry's spinner with no action. *For some reason I thought the Uncle Larry's would prodcue? *

I didn't head back into where Ellis Creek lets into the lake. *When I got near the back of the lake I just cut over to the dam area. * *Is the way back part of the lake a good place to fish? *

TP
07-02-2006, 08:16 PM
The back part is better I feel than the rest. You didn't even make it to lake plesant or should I say camp pleasant. The big fish hold against the rock there in about 15-20' of water. I'm taking my fly rod this time and see if I can hook up some fish that way.
S_h

hitdog777
07-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I was afraid I made a mistake. I got near the back and saw the dam. Since fishing is usually good along the dam I turned and headed that way. I caught lots of fish but lots of small ones.

Guess now I have an excuse to go back!