PDA

View Full Version : Pinecrest Lake Area trout

Sportyguy66
06-21-2006, 06:10 PM
I will be camping this weekend and was hoping you trout Guys & gals could give me some pointers On what is good to use in the Pinecrest
Area.

Thanks
Sport

dogfish30
06-21-2006, 06:29 PM
I took the grandkids up there last year and caught a lot trolling a wedding ring with a piece of night crawler on it. Don't know about off the bank though. Good luck, DF30

zinger
06-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Try using the search function at the top of the page. You will probably find some good information there.

dano
06-22-2006, 04:41 AM
Pinecrest is a nice little lake/res. Trolling a wedding ring with a piece of crawler is the best imo for there. You can rent boats if you want to there and if you decide to bank fish, I would head up the left(north) side of the lake and fish the dam area with power bait or crawlers. My uncle is there at least once a week and has always done good this year. If you want to try Beardsley it's a short drive from there and can be a real good day. Same advice for there too, unless you are serious about looking for bigger fish. Just maake sure you go early cause the wind can be a problem there in the afternoon.
The scenery is great there too.
Dan

ndiezel
06-22-2006, 09:33 AM
When the bite is on there, I wouldn't even consider it fishing. It's moreover catching. Anything will work, really. I've been fishing there sice I was 5 (30 years) and have used every method and have never been disapointed. If I would have to pick one method of choice it would be trolling a threaded mini-crawler behind a meduium sized flasher, probably 15-20 feet. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Salmoides
06-27-2006, 04:44 PM
I was thier this weekend and the Bite was just starting to heat up you could tell. Man July 4th weekend will be of the hook!

I was trolling over by the dam nothing to big... but they just kept taking the bait!!!! ;D

tried the inlet but not much happening thire yet.

How did you do Sportyguy66?