PDA

View Full Version : Camanche at night

Katch
06-19-2006, 06:42 AM
Has anyone fished Camanche at night near the dam with a drop light recently. *It seems that time of year again and I'll probably go up there next week. *

The last time I made it up there for an overnighter (which was 2 summers ago) I eventually had to bring the poles in so I could get some sleep, because all night long I was catching fish every five minutes :)

anglinfool
06-20-2006, 02:54 PM
I did that a few year's back and we caught fish like there was no tomorrow. Post a report as I'm trying to get my buddy to take out his boat overnight again.

anglinfool

Dylan_Gorman
06-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I'll be there this weekend. I have never tried night fishing for trout at camanche, did you use a submersible lights? Last time i was there i anchored up by the dam in the morning in around 30-45ft. of water and fished with powerbait on the bottom and did pretty well.

ndiezel
06-21-2006, 06:25 AM
I always thought it was illegal to fish for trout at night? I could be mistaken, but that's just always how I knew it.

SuperDave
06-21-2006, 12:59 PM
With the hot weather we are having, those fish are going to be so infested with lice that you won't want to touch them or even look at them. They are so weak, they don't revive either. If you'll eat fish with skin lice, you catch a lot of fish.

Katch
06-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Dylan, we did use a submersible light when we fished by the dam overnight and we caught as many fish as we wanted.

Katch
06-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Are all of the trout in Camanche infested with lice right now? Has anyone caught trout up there recently that can confirm this?