PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo Reservoir Report

xcybertrek
06-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Slept in and started out late today. Got to the water at 12:00 pm. Caught 1 within the hour and then got another within 30 min. of each other. Thought it was going to be a good day. Stuck around til 5:00 pm. Nothing else willing to cooperate. All fish were caught on rainbow power bait. 3 foot leader. Looks like trout fishing at this lake is going tp end soon if the weather doesn't cool down. I talked to other fishermen and it was slow. Fished by the main rec area.

FishRman
06-17-2006, 09:22 PM
WARNING! For fathers day the resevoir will be beyond packed. In the last 3 days I have had around 50 families come in and buy fishing gear for a fathers day family fishing/picnic day. I presume it will be overcrowded and overfished with kastmasters and rapalas.

xcybertrek
06-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Yeah. I was there on Memorial day. I got their pretty early to. We did a bunch of hiking until we finally squeezed into one after a mile. The picnic areas and fishing grounds were bumper to bumper just like the Pacifica Pier minue the styrofoam bobbers. Fishing was pretty good that day.