PDA

View Full Version : Re: Extra-Extra-Jackson Meadows Report

wolfden
06-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Hello all "Sniffers"
My kids and I made it to Jackson Meadows today.
Road is clear except for a 1/2 dozen spots where small snow banks extend out about 1/2 way across the road.Other than that just alot of debris on the road so be careful.
Road is still officially closed at Webber Lake but I passed 7 Forest Service vehicles and none of them had a problem with us or the other 1/2 dozen vehicles that were back there.
Boat ramp is useable and saw 1 boat on the water and passed 3 boats coming out as we went in.
Only fished for 1 1/2 hours and caught 3 from shore tossing a Kastmaster.
Talked to a couple of guys fishing next to me and they said that they came in last week from the west via the Bowman lake road and they drove a *hard core off-road only 4X4 and said that a regular 4X4 would not make it in from that way as many Culverts were washed out and ditches were washed away and alot of sections of that portion of roadway is washed away so anyone coming in should go in via HWY89 from the east.
Lake is very full and was windy in the afternoon when we got there as usual.
All campgrounds are still closed and I would assume that they will be for a while yet as ther is alot of winter storm damage and cleanup( blown down trees ) to be done in that area.
All and all it was just *beautiful
When I figure out my camera and how to post pics I will post some pictures of the lake.
Hope this helps you guys out!!!!!
I will be there Friday night after work so hope to see some stars out there. I live only 45 miles from there so I will be there Friday night through Sunday morning-see you out there.

one_well_driller
06-04-2006, 07:15 PM
thank you thank you ;D

ziggy95722
06-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Hey W, Thanks for the heads up, looks like I[ch8217]ll have to make a trip up there this week.
Tigjt lines Ziggy

tyeroflies
06-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Cool, it should be real good by the 17th! Thanks for the report Wolfden.

flatcom
06-05-2006, 03:23 AM
thanks for the heads up, wolf :)

johnbfishin
06-05-2006, 05:00 AM
Ditto on the info.
I have a job in Reno on the 12th so I'm hoping to make it a combo trip....one day of work and two days of fishing sounds about right ;).
I'm thinking Stampede and Jackson Meadows.