PDA

View Full Version : Hunington 5/28/06

JoeTech
05-28-2006, 05:36 PM
My dad and I on the water at 615 first boat on the water. Looked like it snowed the night before, the air was cooled but not a cloud in the sky. Water temp was about 42degrees. Started trolling a brown black rapala, a silver black rapala, and firetiger all toplining. End the day with about 20fish boated all small bows, and no brownies :'(. The funniest thing of the day was my dad was reeling in a very small fish probably 4" long that was caught on a brass kastmaster, just when it was probably 5 feet from the boat a bigger fish came up and took the small fish. Not sure how big the other fish was but when my dad was reeling it in I told him that I was going to take a picture of his big fish and then bam it was gone. Other than that pretty normal day, saw 6 other boats on the water. Tomorrow I think I'll try Wishon.

Joetech

Ironhead
05-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Joe,

Thanks for the detailed report. Tell your dad to reel slower so you have time to get the net next time.

Ironhead

zinger
05-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the report and sorry you couldn't get into any of those browns. Hopefully you can find some up at Wishon tomorrow if you end up going, the browns that is. I know they have some of those 4 inchers at Wishon too. Believe me, I would know ;D

zinger

mtalley
05-29-2006, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the report, how long were you on the water? *What rapala pattern worked best?

Snowtrout
05-30-2006, 07:00 AM
Was at huntington all weekend. Yes it did snow. About 2" fell sat night on us while we were out fishing but no big fish hit. Sunday the weather was great but cold at 5:30: 24 degrees. Caught nothing but rainbows until sunday night when my cousin caught a 20" brown. Nothing but rainbows on monday.

Water level actual dropped about a foot throughtout the weekend and the bald eagles and ospreys were out in force. We caught about 30 rainbows to 15" and 2 browns. Water temp was between 44 and 46 depending on what part of the lake you were at.

I am guessing that the cold front put the browns off the bite Sat and Sun because they turned on sunday night.

JoeTech
05-30-2006, 07:57 AM
Marty - The C13 (I think) gold and black and a F13 Brown Trout seem to catch most of the fish.