PDA

View Full Version : another 20'' er  on Pine Flat

appleinorange
05-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Sarted out slow, got on the water about 2:00 just picked up a few intil about 5:00, then the bite got hot. Put 10 in the boat and missed another 15 or so. Got another just over 20". Just west of Lombardos where the rock sticks up out of the water. Troll back and forth past that rock. About 100 ft. past the rock out in the main lake. I have got 2 over 20 there and several 16 to 18. 20 ft deep on the rigger or the leadcore. Eric you left to soon. I still have those flies if you want them. Rick

JoeTech
05-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Right on!! good work, its been a while since I've been to that lake. glad to hear that your still catching those big fish.

otterdiver
05-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Wow, just wow! We had a nice day. Good to talk to you out there today. about those flies...

Ray@q97
05-24-2006, 06:48 AM
What were you feeding those guys? Colors? Speed? I am headed up Friday afternoon if all goes well. I know Chris is planning on Friday afternoon too. Anybody else? I know that rock well, have taken a fair number of "planters" out of that area but never a 20 incher. The bigger ones that I have gotten so far have come just past Trimmer by that cove.

Ray

appleinorange
05-24-2006, 08:41 AM
Ray, I caught all fish on a hand tied fly. Red in color, 20' on the wire, * * 4 colors just off the reel. Trolled at 1.5 mph. When you fish Trimmer are you talking the cove *upstream from the ramp or the one back towards Windy Gap? I may try to go Fri. as well. If I go I will be on CH 69. *Rick

Ray@q97
05-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Sounds good Rick, thanks for information. Very good job on those fish. I know I have seen you boat on the water, I thought it was a cruise ship. It looks terrific. I don't know the names of the coves etc very well at Pine Flat, heck I am lucky I find my way home. But where I have gotten the bigger fish, up from Trimmer, same side, just past the rock wall, looks like a stream may dump in there and I usually see the Bass boys in the cove. I have just gone back in for in front of that cove. Last two times this year I limited out, the fish were it in the 16 inch range, much better than what I get at Lombado's, there I always end up with the 11 or 12 in planters. In fact the last time the trout I got had all pink meat which Ironhead tells me means they were probably native. usually 4 colors and I use needlefish (black and white cop car) and Rapla's the smaller shad ones. Sometimes I'll use flashers, have not used dodgers.

That's what I know, which isn't much. I have stars on my boat and have a hand held VHF, it will be set to 69, I will probably be by myself Friday afternoon if I can get out of the office, and trust me, I am going to do everything in my power to get out.....I am planning on letting the entire staff go if I can (not to pine flat mind you, but have the afternoon off).

fishon_chris
05-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey guys I think the cool down has triggerd a bite on the bigger bows.I will be there with mario from work (Fishon Mario) two sniffers in the boat.appleinornge did you take a picture if so try to post.I have 5fish Between 20 and 23" this year from trimmer to the power lines.But my last two trips they were 13 to 17" fish.The fish have moved to the main lake and are feeding on shad.My last trip they had shad in them.This fall there will be 5 to 6lbs fish comming out.Any of you sniffers going to join me and Ray.
Ray lets get em till dark out there. ;)

Fishon Chris

Ray@q97
05-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Chris are you going down to the dam area? Think that is a lot better than trimmer right now? We will find those fish and get em. All together we have got to be smarter than a trout, right?

fishon_chris
05-24-2006, 12:12 PM
I think so ,I think i will start between deer creek and lambardos bouys and see what I see there if nothing head to the south side from zebe cove points to the island if no good there to the dam i go.I think we should spread out and if the bite goes on I will be on the radio to you.I hope you do the same. :)

Fishon chris ;D

zinger
05-24-2006, 06:59 PM
I was reading about your trimmer vs. lombardos posts and my vote would have to be trimmer, at least for the winter/spring. I don't know about now. My dad took two over 20" this winter in the second cove upriver from the trimmer ramp. I know fishon chris has taken some nice fish here also, and so has 2nitefishers and viking. Apex's were the lure of choice and orange seemed to be the hot color, or shad color when they were feeding on them. Things might have totally changed by now though, I haven't fished the lake since the tourney.

Appleinorange, congrats on the nice fish. You've been tearing em up lately. Ray and Chris, go get em Friday.

zinger

Ray@q97
05-25-2006, 07:18 AM
Chris, sounds like a plan. I will give you a shout on the radio when I launch. If I leave home at 1 I should be there and on the water between 2 and 2:30. I will try and find you on the water then head up to the trimmer area.....I think spreading out and keeping in touch is a terrific idea. I don't know how far the radio's will go, haven't really used it much yet.

Zinger thanks for the idea's as well, I will through out an Apex, sorry you aren't going to be out there with us.......I am going to see Ironhead later this afternoon, I have a couple of things for him, should make him smile.......he was lots of fun and a great deal of help. Now I just need you Zinger to teach me to net...........

fishon_chris
05-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Ray I have not heard of any good reports up by trimmer on eather size or numbers.The furthest up I would fish would be past the big left bend just past the power lines.The power line area could be good.But you never know it could happen up by trimmer.I think the radios wont work through thoes mountians though.

Fishon chris

zinger
05-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Now I just need you Zinger to teach me to net...........

Oh no...here we go again

zinger

Ray@q97
05-26-2006, 07:02 AM
I now have a lunch, but I should be on the water between 2 and 3.....I'll check in with you guys before I go anywhere.

Zinger, understand that you might be doing a seminar on netting at Fisherman's wherehouse do you know what night that will be? I want to make sure before I drive up there and I wouldn't want to miss it.

zinger
05-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Zinger, understand that *you might be doing a seminar on netting at Fisherman's wherehouse do you know what night that will be? *I want to make sure before I drive up there and I wouldn't want to miss it.

Wow I am so lost right now. A day ago everyone was going to chip in to send me to a seminar, but now I am putting on a seminar :-? Sounds good to me :P

zinger