PDA

View Full Version : Amador *May 23

firetrout
05-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Thought it would be a good day to wake up Fire Minnow at 4:15 am this Tuesday and tell him we're going fishing. *He said," Its Tuesday, I have school." *Don't worry it's Outdoor Ed. "O.K. sure".

Got to Amador and drop lines at 7:15. *Fished near the docks and dam area, caught 2 on Youzuri's. *Could not get the next one untill 10:00am.

Went down to Jackson Creek and saw one other boat, no action and headed back for the docks. *Saw a dead shad minnow and put on 2 rods with BB Rapala shad pattern J-7. *Had the next 7 fish in about 1 1/2 hours. *Thanks to seeing Tracker and Freon Sunday *fish the same area near the docks and down 15 ft. *Fire Minnow had a ball (showing off) reeling in fish, they were jumping each time we hooked up. *He was giving the fisherman a show on the dock. *Some of them were doing quite well next to the boat house today. *

Today the lures were youzuri minnows for 2 fish, 1 on firetiger and 7 on shad minnow pattern Rapalas. *We also had 4 SDR's at the boat. Fish size were from 2 1/2 lb to 4 1/2 lbs with a total weight of 32 lbs.

Off the water at 1:30. *Great day and back to the classroom for Fire Minnow tomorrow. :-[

freon
05-23-2006, 08:19 PM
great report buddy, wheres the pics? sounds like smart fishing on your part ;D
glad to hear that you and your son had a good day of bonding.

cuhogn
05-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Good job FT and FM, that spot was and still is hot ;)

firetrout
05-24-2006, 06:13 AM
I have to kick myself for not taken pictures. I will be turning 50 next Thurs the 1st and I am having more brain farts as I get closer. :-/

n2trout
05-24-2006, 06:57 AM
I love outdoor ed. classes ! :D
I was thinking of taking my daughter on Friday but she has a class field trip to the zoo. I guess I will be flying solo. 8-) Hope you all left some fish for me. ;D

Great job catching FT and FM ;)

05-24-2006, 06:59 AM
They say that when you turn 50 that two things happen 1) you eye sight starts to fade and, I can't remember the other one. Happy B-day it isn't too bad.

The Rev.

GoneCountry
05-24-2006, 07:39 AM
It amazes me that the trout bite is still on. The hot weather kickin in.....The show should have ended lucky for us it has not Hey Fire Trout The big 50.................Yeh Im right behind ya this september.......I stopped celebrating birthdays...I try and celebrate everyday..............As for the brain farts.............I try not to tell anyone I have them..............Hope to meet everyone here at a snifferfest someday soon,,,,,,,Paul

Fish_Viper
05-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Hey Fire Trout, were you using a downrigger to get the lure down to 15'? *Or just letting it run naturally?

Thanks
Fish_Viper

firetrout
05-24-2006, 07:50 AM
Fish_Viper,

I was using two downriggers. Troll speed about 1-1.3 mph. *But if you fish the docks or still fish in the boats just a small, small split shot cast out 15-20 feet of line let sink. *The guys on the docks were using chatruse minnie or reg. power worms. And small nightcrawlers.
Get close to the boat house the fish are under the pontoons eating the little bait fish. :o

Good luck 8-)

freon
05-24-2006, 08:22 PM
I will be turning 50 next Thurs the 1st and I am having more brain farts as I get closer. :-/

Firetrout, what do you mean as you get closer *;D *;D
Sorry buddy, congrats on getting over the hill, I hope you celebrate it in style, you know, fishing *;D * ;D * ;D