PDA

View Full Version : Pine Flat parking question

first5
05-18-2006, 09:46 PM
is the parking lot area at the Deer Creek ramp under water? Or is the water level down enough so that parking is not a problem? Haven't been up in a long time.

trainguy1973
05-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Hello: I haven't been to the lake in about 3 weeks but the water was very high and parking was difficult at best, I would suggest gettiing there very early or plan to pay at the American Legion, for 7 bucks you can park a vehicle with a trailer and 5 for just a vehicle. Good luck

first5
05-19-2006, 10:05 PM
thanks, Training guy. appreciate the help. brian

appleinorange
05-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Brain, I have been out of town, up north chasing stripers. But I fish Pine Flat last week. Lombardos is your best bet, plenty of parking and fish too. I have not caught anything around DeerCreek since I went with you.. Picked up three over 20" last week around Lombardos. You know what I fish with. If you need some let me know. Rick

first5
05-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Thanks, Apple. opted for Eastman bass this wkend instead of Pine Flat, but will get back on those trout again. way to go on those 20+'ers! You always have the knack. ;)

Ray@q97
05-23-2006, 07:28 AM
What is the charge at Lombardo's? I have never launched there, always use Timmer or the first one, it is the same deal? And how about parking?

otterdiver
05-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Ray

It's normally the same chage at Lombardo's as the other ramps but the drop box has been covered up with plastic and tape for at least a month now so there is no way to pay. There is not a lot of parking at the ramp.. maybe 10 rigs if people park correctly... but there is a fair sized lot at the top of the hill if it's full down below or you can pay $5 to park by the hotel. It's a nice deep ramp... only one I can launch on easily.

Atwater
05-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Since they moved all of the slips and houseboats from Lomardos to Trimmer, parking at Trimmer is a nightmare and should be avoided.

Ray, as much as you fish why not get the $30 season pass? It's good on all Army Corps of Engineer lakes.

Ray@q97
05-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys, I have launched from the first two ramps and trimmer but never Lombardo's for some reason. Last weekend I went up to Tirmmer and saw all the house boats. Why did they move them? High water?

I tried to buy a pass this year at Doyle's and they told me that they are not selling them yet because of the high water. Where else can I get one, because you are right I am at Pine Flat a couple of times a month and need to get one.

Trimmer was really a mess as was the very first launch. I will try either the deer creek one or lombardo's next time. I just didn't think Lombardo's had any parking.......and I am going through a thing with my back right now and don't need a major hike up or down if possible.

Ray

Atwater
05-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Hey Ray, if I remember right, you're out of Visalia. I'd try Sierra Sporting goods on 198 North of Exeter. I got mine at Doyle's, so you might try again.

I have no idea why they moved the floating town to Trimmer. I know a bunch of people were not happy and pulled their boats. Lombardos just sold, and the slips were not part of the purchase. Perhaps there was some kind of conflict. They're also getting ready to add dozens of new slips at the first ramp, which should make the parking situation there even worse.

Ray@q97
05-23-2006, 01:19 PM
I'll give that a try on the parking pass thing, didn't think of the Exeter place. You must either come down here or have spent time in this area?

I'll bet that made people mad, and I don't see where they have the facilities to handle the house boats. Not enough bathrooms, no parking etc....so that is the new deal? Will they be there all summer? What a mess.

Atwater
05-23-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't know what the future plan is, but I hope the change isn't permanent. Hate to burn extra fuel running to the river from Lombardos!

Ray, we live in Visalia. My family came to Visalia pre WWI, and most of them have stayed or, like me, returned over the years. Quite the boom town now....we're looking at Alaska for retirement!