PDA

View Full Version : Amador Mother's day special

ifish4fun
05-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Since my daughter is away at boot camp for the Navy I thought I would cheer my wife up and do something special for her since our only daughter is away. I asked Kathy if she would like to do anything special
for mothers day. Her reply was she wanted to go to amador and catch her first cutbow!! Yes there is a fishing god up there looking over me. Before she could change her mind off we went to fisherman's warehouse to get her license and some Bolo's #3 flashers and worms. As you may recall I did well last saturday on them landing 10 fish for a weight of 37 lbs. After reading the report from saturday's fishing where
boaters were not cathing much of anything. Even Freon only caught 3 fish. So I expected a slow day for us, but we had luck on our side today.

Sunday comes, the temp should reach mid 90's and a full moon aginst us. I was hoping to at least put one fish in the boat. I picked up my dad and we arrived at the lake around 7 am started trolling right off the doc. 2 rods with flasher and worms, 1 rod with spinner and worm, 1 rod with grub.
first pass towards the dam going by the doc my spinner and worm combo get a hit but did not stick. I give a little line as i always do and ram fish on. I give the rod to my wife, clear lines and watch her do battle. She won and we put a 2 lb fish on the stringer. Kathy did a great job. still on the first pass same spinner and worm combo fish 2 on. kathy fights fish to the net. Since kathy was using a grub she wanted the spinner worm combo. over the next 4 hours we land 8 more
fish my dad caught 2 on flashers and worms, I caught 4 on flashers and worms. kathy caught 2 more on the spinner worm combo. Only had one hit on a grub. The fish were not big as usual only 2 - 3 lbs at the most. we released 4 small DFG but kept 6 for her friends to eat. A good
day considering the heat and full moon. Best part nobody on the lake.
only 3 boats fishing the dam. We did catch 2 fish in Rock creek. Water temp started at 72 and was 75 by the time we left.

cuhogn
05-15-2006, 12:03 PM
ifish4fun
Sounds like a great way to spend a "mothers day" ;) Glad to see your keeping that string of trolling catches up. :) and your wife was able to put the new lisence to good use. Did you hit Rock 1st thing?

ifish4fun
05-15-2006, 12:06 PM
No we worked the dam area first for about 3 hrs. Then I took kathy over to see the falls in rock creek but they are no longer running :(
the dam was the best area for us.

n2trout
05-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Nice mothers day present! Plenty of action and your best gal at your side. Way to go ! Glad to hear somebody is getting there money's worth with the water temp rising rapidly. 8-)

ifish4fun
05-15-2006, 02:20 PM
it was an awsome time except for my allergies! somthing was killing me out there. :(

fishfool1
05-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Good hear the bite is still on for the trollers. Were you using downriggers? If so, how deep?

ifish4fun
05-15-2006, 05:05 PM
no down riggers just the weight of the flashers. on the spinner worm combo 2 big split shot. Someday i will have down riggers.

firetrout
05-15-2006, 06:13 PM
ifish4fun,
Your wife must have wings, she must be an angel indeed to go out fishing on Mother's Day. ;)

Glad you guys had a great day out at Amador.

freon
05-16-2006, 06:18 AM
Great report Darren, glad you could put your wife and dad on a bunch of fish. You have been doing well on that lake lately. I tried flashers and worms at every depth possible, to no avail the day before in the exact same area, go figure. Keep up the good luck buddy.
Freon

cuhogn
05-16-2006, 09:03 AM
I tried flashers and worms at every depth possible, to no avail the day before in the exact same area, go figure.
Cutting chicken livers into strips is not a worm ;D You must be a lost cat fisherman ;D ;D

Dennis
05-16-2006, 11:35 AM
I tried flashers and worms at every depth possible, to no avail the day before in the exact same area, go figure.
Cutting chicken livers into strips is not a worm ;D You must be a lost cat fisherman ;D ;D
cuhogn, Isn't that a redneck version of a worm? ;D ;D ;D

cuhogn
05-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Isn't that a redneck version of a worm?

Dennis
I do believe that you would be correct ;D ;D

freon
05-16-2006, 08:44 PM
No, a redneck version of a worm is a rattler *;D
We will use anything for bait *:D
Thats a flatlander version of a worm *;D
I just tell everyone here to use it cuz they can relate to it *;)
Must be why I only got three on saturday*;D

ifish4fun
05-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Freon you must real quick to get the rattlers on your hook. You must of scared those poor trout to death out there. I saw a couple of the fish floating on sunday ;)

cuhogn
05-17-2006, 02:47 PM
I saw a couple of the fish floating on sunday

Great now he's trolling for buzzards ;D

Trout_Terminator
05-17-2006, 03:28 PM
What type of spinner if you dont mind sharing?

ifish4fun
05-17-2006, 04:49 PM
I always share. a small colorado blade 4 to 5 yellow and red beads and a white power egg just above the hook. then string the worm on the hook. real easy to do. :-? the spinner just give a little flash. I also put grubs on the spinner also.

freon
05-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Cuhogn and Ifish4fun, if it bites, I will fight it and if it wont bite, I will find the right bait. ;D
You found fish floating huh, guess the bait won that round ;D

SplitTailfisher
05-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Hello All,

First time posting, but have been stalking the boards for about a year now, Never thought about registering till now. I live in Modesto, So, i hit Amador alot, Mcswain and a few of the other lakes nearby. I was wondering about the blades, Ifish4fun, What color were you using? Any chance of getting a pic of the set up? Would like to add a few more tricks in my tacklebox for when hitting amador.

Splittailfisher :)

keviwa
05-18-2006, 10:35 AM
SplitTailfisher,
Cant help you with the blades. Just wanted to welcome you to the boards. Kevin

ifish4fun
05-18-2006, 11:18 AM
welcome to the boards. The flashers i always use is a Les davis bolo # 3 which has 4 blades I use silver, and the silver with red in the center and black dots. This is shameful i do not know who to post pictures!! :-[ I know everyone is going to give me a hard time. send me your email address and i will send you a picture of the blades

Darren

freon
05-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Ifish4fun, yea right you dont know how to post pics, you just say that so you dont have to post your fish pics ;D
Sorry buddy, but you were an easy target ;D
SplitTailFisher, go to google and do a search and you will find pics of them, congrats on joining and chiming in, you are on your way to sure insanity now ;D
Nothing but great folks here ;)

ifish4fun
05-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Her is the pictures of the Bolos # 3 I use
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5266/10000129je.jpg

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8237/10000112qr.jpg

ifish4fun
05-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Here is the picture of Kathy and the 6 fish we kept that day

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/1489/mefish8rl.jpg

fishrman4life
05-19-2006, 04:58 AM
Nice fish.

Myself and Roland AKA Innovate were fishing the Amador for crappie/bass on Sunday until about till 3:30 am to 4:00 AM Monday. I just dropped some powerbait down about 25 feet and tick tick tick 2 trout for Roland on the crappie jigs and one for me (Troutzilla) on powerbait. Gonna have to do more fishing from the docks in the early morning hours from now on.

SplitTailfisher
05-19-2006, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the reply, and the pics!! Also, thanks for all the warm welcome! Does that mean i get to start slinging donuts as well? Give freon a hard time about his sweater? Thanks once again for everything, It's supposed to rain this weekend, Amador gonna be worth it? or del valle with the 2500 pound stock sound better? Talk to you all soon :)

SplitTailfisher ;D

ifish4fun
05-19-2006, 07:13 AM
my opinion give me some scrapping amador missels and I am a happy camper. as far as donuts get you arm in shape and you are always welcome to sling a few. Sunday Amador will be crowded with the derby though!!!

freon
05-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Ifish4fun, now that was funny, guess you did indeed learn how to post pics, all it took was a little urging *;D
Nice stringer Darren :)
Splittail, sure you can sling donuts, hope your good at catching too though *;D
As for the sweater, you might need to wait a few months *;)
Freon

P.S. we all have a split tail, but we dont go around bragging about it *;D

Trout_Shark
05-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Does that mean i get to start slinging donuts as well?
SplitTailfisher ;D

Better tune that arm, we are trained long range snipers. [smiley=duck.gif]

Darren: Nice stringer, have not seen many pictures of the hallowed cutts in a while. Hopefully sunday is not a rain out...it's looking grey :'(

ifish4fun
05-19-2006, 02:14 PM
its funny how easy it is to do something like post picutes if you read the instructions. ::) my arm is ready for slinging some donuts. ;)

freon
05-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Uh oh, starting to sound like a donut fight at the amdor coral ;D
What moron started this anyways ;D
Freon