PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa today

Fish_Stomper
05-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Been wanting to go fishing sooo bad, but none of my fishing buddies could get away. Decided that today was just too nice to go to work so decided to do a solo trip. Got up, made a few sandwiches, filled the cooler, hooked up the boat and was ready to go. Went back to the garage to get a few more things and saw that some pooch had left a calling card right in front of the driveway!! >:( Noticed that one of the "gifts" was smashed and no longer round. Missed it with the truck, missed it the first time I went into the garage, but not the second time. Now, I'm thinking this is not a good start at all. At least I didn't go upstairs, I'm sure with the mess I would have made I wouldn't have made it out of the house not to mention to the lake. Spent some time washing down the sidewalk and my shoe, ugh. Now I ready to go.

Get to Lake Berryessa and start to fish, boy it was a nice day. Get one pole in and thinking what to do with to other pole, when bam the first pole is bending, the drag screaming. I get to the rod, feel the fish, make a few cranks, the fish jumps out of the water, looks at me and spits the lure right at me. Darn, lost the first one.

Although I lost more than I landed it turned out to be a decent day. Landed 3, two bows and one king, released 1, lost three at the boat and two jumpers. Boy it sure would have helped to have another hand on board. Oh well it sure beats being at work.

It was a great day hardly any wind, not much boat or skier traffic. Hot day almost 88 by the time I leave, surface temp 71. Hot set up for me was a dodger and nightcrawer. Also good was Fire Tiger Needle Fish and Kastmaster.

FS

tyeroflies
05-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Sometimes getting out of the driveway is the hardest thing to do. *Nice recovery ;)

Tyer

Fish_Stomper
05-02-2006, 09:50 PM
tyeroflies,

Yeah, you got that right. That and seeing the big one get away.

At least when I got home the driveway was clear.

FS