PDA

View Full Version : Chabot the place to be

RolandMartinJr.
04-29-2006, 05:21 AM
I fished chabot every day last week for incredible results. *On Thursday me and my girlfriend boated at least 30 trout. *29 of them were the exact same size (1lb) but one went around 5lbs with a hook jaw. *I released all of them. *I was going to wait until next week to post because the marina is out of boats by 6:30am. Word got out. * I was pissed off on Wednesday. *They were out of batteries so I rowed and trolled. *Still caught them. *I talked to a DFG representative and he told me they planted 3 fish exceeding 14lbs. *The 20lber was not in the derby and only one 14lber was caught. *So the other one is either dead on the bottom of the lake or still swimming around. *Just the thought of that 14lber gets my blood boiling. *

GoneCountry
04-29-2006, 06:51 AM
Hey Roland I can verify your reports. For the last 3 weeks me and my sons have been hitting that Lake Very Hard 4 -6 times a week with unbeliveable results. For the new people on the forum just *read my past posts.........It has to be the best year ever there...at least for us......We are hitting it again tommorow........Monday is DR. day and then we are hitting it ALL WEEK *Our Target is *2nd place........... Glad to see it picked up for ya. * Lookin forward to meeting ya... I remember most of your posts last year were float tube

flyguy
04-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Hope to get out there tomorrow. Been very busy and haven't had a chance to hit it since the bite has turned on.

Great reports guys, hope to have something more to add when I get back.

RolandMartinJr.
04-30-2006, 06:21 AM
Last year all I did was fish flies from my tube. *That was when the water was clear. *with this muddy water flies arent producing. *Only bright flashy lures are working. *We'll have to meet up one of these days GoneCountry. Yesterday was horrible for me. I rented a boat and the motor stopped working after 30 minutes. So I rowed in to get a different one. Once again that one breaks. So I waited by alder pt. until the patrol boat came. He picked me up and they wouldn't refund my money. I was pissed. I'm not dealing with boats on that lake again. I'll just stick to the tube.

GoneCountry
04-30-2006, 07:19 AM
Bummer Big time especially 2 times....NO BITES NO FISH even 2nd time around. I heard alder point was hot .....Today should be very nice as theres no fog this morning should warm up .I didnt make it out today the boys were up late and nobody set alarms....Then I got at 6 am they didnt want to go because its the weekend crowd and a spot would be very hard to come by............I was wondering I should be able to fish like you do in the tube with this thing *I *have been building *this since last november at least when I could....Its just about done....one more coat of paint, a seat, paddle, and the storage cover, pole holders, Its mainly for me...trout fishing at chabot...and wherever....My own design and is a fishing kayak
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/gonecountry2/kayak1.jpg

fishmaster2020
04-30-2006, 11:37 PM
its so worth it to use a kayak or tube at chabot considering all u have to pay is a $2 launching fee. it's the thing to do, both convienent and affordable.

dirty3hirties
05-01-2006, 06:31 AM
Chabot was dead yesterday. Didn't see an angler into any fish. Fished near the 3rd dock. There were a lot of people on the banks. Only stayed for 2 hours w/o a single hit. The warming weather has definitely affected the bite.

GoneCountry
05-01-2006, 07:33 AM
A buddy from work called me last night checkin up on me when he said another guy from work went fishing at chabot last Monday around 4pm used chartruse power bait and nailed a 30 incher...pity he didnt have a derby ticket.....Wow I cant belive the bite has died. Im goin tommorow for sure unless something drastic happens..................

flyguy
05-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Went yesterday, got a late start. When I got back to bass cove, even the shore access there was dominated by people banking it. I think you would have been hard pressed to find a spot anywhere on the shore to fish from.

No action in Bass cove trolling, those fishing from the bank seemed to be having good results though.

Had quite a few short hits in the half moon bay, and a few good ones on, but lost them all without landing them. Was working a black bunny leech around 5-10 ft down.

So none landed for me, but enjoyed some great fighting fish. Enough for me to call it a good day.

As expected, the lake was very crowded both on the water and on the banks. Good to see the water level was down quite a bit, and while the water is on the murky side yet, the clarity was better than I would have expected.

proudpapa
05-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Hit the coots landing area yesterday from about 8am left with our limits at 4pm. My five year old was exhausted after the long hike then battling most of the fish caught. It was one of those days when the guy next to u shows up after u using the same exact bait gets all the hits and u get nothing. Me and the father in law were amazed at when the bite started for us it was hot then we had a slow period. After the first fish we realized that we both left our stringers at home :(. We had three fish on a make shift stringer (4lb leader line). I ended up buying a stringer from a group fishing to our left. Out of the groups fishing off the pier and the groups fishing to our left we were the only ones catching fish. Hot bait was yellow power eggs with three or four fish caught on white. Leader length varied from 12in to 2ft.. All fish caught were between 1lb up to 4lbs. I would have to say that it was a good day.