PDA

View Full Version : Recent Comanche Info?

cornfused
04-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Has anyone trolled Comanche in the last week? Might try to sneak out tomorrow. Surface fishing was great at Comanche three weeks ago, but I haven't seen any recent info on the lake. Any info would be appreciated.

Phisherman44
04-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Fished Camanche last Sunday from about 7 til 1 with no luck..I was toplining the usual assortment for the ealier hours and added some weight later on but nothing..Talked to a couple others out there who werent doing anything either. Water seemed pretty warm, probably do need a downrigger..gonna go get a portable job here today. good Luck.

cornfused
04-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Phisherman, thanks for the reply. Ended up sticking around the house to work on some long overdue projects. I'll have to get out next weekend!

tyeroflies
04-30-2006, 07:42 PM
My father-in-law and his buddy fished (trolled, jigged, and power baited) there yesterday and the result was 1 bass. *Some guys in a boat nearby were landing crappie right and left on minnows. *

Tyer

GW_Extreme
04-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Fished Friday night for nada, fished Saturday morning for 1 16" trout and a couple Bass. Tried the areas by the dam and Hat Island and also gave the Narrows a shot. Fished everything in the box. Gave it one more try Sat evening and finally found the set up, a Fire Tiger Rapala on lead core 2 colors out, fishing just east of Little Hat Island. Got 3 nice 2-4 lb fish in about an hour. Water is getting warmer and alot more boats on the lake.

GW

cornfused
05-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the reports Tyero and GW. Did you guys happen to get the surface Temp? It was around 56 three weeks ago at Hat isl. and the dam, but I am guessing it is 65 or higher by now with this recent warm weather.

GW_Extreme
05-01-2006, 09:48 AM
I think I remember seeing water temps at 67-70 degrees.