PDA

View Full Version : Walker Lake - Lure Name?

keyfig
04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
I began fishing Walker Lake a couple of years ago. Didn't know much about it at first, have learned more about the lake since.

On our first trip (2003?), we bought some spoons at both Ed's Bait and Tackle and the Buffalo Stop. I remember thinking the spoons we seemed awfully big at the time - I believe they were about 3" long and an inch plus wide.

For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the lures. One of them in particular was an odd striping of white, brown and either yellow or green and black dots all over. Those lures worked well - until we lost the last of them!

Anybody happen to know the name of them and where I might find more of them?

cuhogn
04-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Don't know the name but you can get them at Mark, Fore and Strike in Reno. Was there Fri on the way to Pyramid and they had a bunch, same ones we have used at Walker :)

drstressor
04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
I believe that the spoons you were using were Torpedoes. They are no longer made. However, several other companies make copies of them now.

Mako
04-25-2006, 08:40 PM
I loved the Torpedo spoon. The one in copper hammred finish was awsome. I use to catch browns and rainbows over 5 lbs at Oroville on them. Just awsome !! They had good weight to cast and great action

isaaco77
04-25-2006, 09:05 PM
We use the 3/8oz. castmasters for walker. We just wade out and cast from the shore.

Dangler
04-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Sierra special, Blue fox Torpedo (no longer made?), Little Cleo, I've compiled around 100 Pyramid/Walker spoons, and I still catch most of my fish jigging at the cliffs- used to use Terry jigs but he moved so know I use yozuri jigs-try jigging the cliffs it is a sure-fire way to catch big #'s at Walker.