PDA

View Full Version : THE CLIFFS

brendensboat
04-23-2006, 06:55 PM
myself my buddy and fishvicious took the boat to shadow cliffs,, lauched at 6:20 went twards stanley side taused the anchor, set up the same old slider rig casted and waited....NOTHING AT ALL for the fist hour...
i thought the fish cant be deep we had no hits, i looked in my tackle bag and saw a bobber NO WAY A BOBBER...hooked thye bobber 3feet above a little piece of power bait, the action was HOT from then on,
i had a couple doubles, we landed twelve 12-14 inchers and this monster..... ;) ;D
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8785/brendenfish4um.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2669/brendenfish22ux.jpg

Slim
04-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Thats a hatchery fish if I ever saw one. Look at the "no Tail" on that poor guy. How did he fight? You did him a favor placing him on the dinner table ;)

Slim

stocktrader
04-23-2006, 07:26 PM
I was there yesterday also. I was fishing the last 2 hours and caught 9 fish. I was fishing from the shore with a kastmaster and they were all on the surface of the water.

brendensboat
04-23-2006, 07:29 PM
yeah the hathery fish usually dont fight to well but, this one was ok, it was takin line i had to be carful with him.. the fish were feedin on top all day...must of been the cold frount that came in...all in all good day...
brenden

kstone44
04-24-2006, 06:37 PM
I went Sunday as I needed a little time away, I was tubing, I caught 2 small bass about 3/4 lb each *then switched to trout , after a slow start I ended up hooking about a dozen and landing *six trout, 5 were 10-12" planters and the last was a little under 3lbs.It actually had pinkish meat in it and a real football shape to it. I caught 3 trolling a power mouse with the last one swallowing it so I switched to lures, my old Shadow cliff standby, a HUS lure, as usual it did not let me down. The little guys may not have been very big but they sure go airborne. The largest fish was ripping line and as is usually the case a pain to land with out a net ( I hate carrying a net) Anyway good luck to all. ;)