PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to Crowley or Bridgeport?

NRJohn
04-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Will be fishing the opener next weekend. Will probably fish Crowley on the opener as we've been doing that for years now. Thinking about fishing Bridgeport on Suday depending on how the fishing is at both lakes. Will fish Crowley again on Monday before driving home. So who else is going?

troutfan
04-19-2006, 07:55 AM
I may be at Bridgeport on the opener with my brother-in-Law if the weather looks good. If not I'll be fishing it all summer long. It should be a banner year out at the "Res". Good luck at Crowley.

n2trout
04-19-2006, 10:36 AM
I may be in that area if everything is accesible. I start my week long fishing vacation that weekend. *[smiley=thumbup.gif]Going to try and hit some new lakes if possible. I have never fished either of those lakes and have always heard good things about Bridgeport. With it being the opener is it better for me to hit Bridgeport on Monday and miss all the rush of anglers on the weekend? [smiley=jumpinggroup.gif] [smiley=roadblock.gif]
If I do make it up there I will be in 14ft alumacraft, flying my stars and monitoring channel 69 [smiley=seestars.gif]

troutfan
04-19-2006, 11:14 AM
It may be because the fish haven't seen a lure for months but I find that the opener can be awesome and then it slows down for a month or so. If I can get my brother-in-Law out there I'm going. Bridgeport will be a little hectic at the dock first thing in the morning but the Marina always has people at the ramp helping everyone get in. Once you're on the water there is plenty of room. I've never hit Crowley on the opener but all I hear is that you can literally walk from boat to boat...No thanks!

NRJohn
04-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Ah it isn't that bad. It's more like run and jump to the next boat. Actually last year wasn't that bad at all. We always get there after 7 when all the boats are already out on the water. Just makes for a longer walk from parking but the launch is a piece of cake.

Troutfan, any way I can give you a call on the cell to see how you did? Don't want to rely of Jeffery for a report. Although he's be pretty good in the past.

I would think the lakes will be pretty high again. Should be a great year.

troutfan
04-19-2006, 01:46 PM
I think Bridgeport will be epic. I was fishing there in late September last year and there were a ton of fish which will be from 3-7 pounds this year!

iron-man
04-19-2006, 09:59 PM
I drove by the lake last Feb (late) . The lake had ice all along the South shore ( out about 300 yards), the North shore and the East shore. The middle of the lake was open because the wind was howling and blowing the ice to the South. The lake was even higher than it was last year about 1-2 ft from spilling. The marina's rock retaining wall was barely visable and the marina had no docks. I'd call Jeff Wenger at 888-377- 1677 and inquire about conditions. Bodie which is not far South of the lake has been the coldest place in the nation two or three times in the last week. Think that I will wait till later to make my trips there. Good luck .iron-man

HighSierra_Drifter
04-20-2006, 06:14 AM
I'll be camped out on shore at Bridgeport Res. w/ a bunch of buddies as always. Looking forward to a full lake this year.

Drifter