PDA

View Full Version : oroville trout?

jamesthebassmaster
04-03-2006, 01:00 PM
i have never been to oroville trout fishing was thinking of going on wednessday. any info on the lake would be nice. thanks

Captain_Morgan
04-03-2006, 01:08 PM
James, I've never been there. If you go please post or PM me . i know its a tough time to tell,with the rain & mud.

fishnmike2002
04-03-2006, 02:02 PM
James, there are very few trout in Oroville due to a persistant virus in the watershed. They used to plant Coho in the lake instead of trout and it was a great fishery until problems devloped with the Coho they were planting a few years ago. They have now started planting Coho again but it will be another year or two before you see the results of that. In the meantime, fish for the spots in that lake, it is awsome.

FishnMike

jamesthebassmaster
04-03-2006, 02:07 PM
yeah. the bass fishing is the best me and my buddys go in the summer and have 75+ fish days thanks for the info. now i dont have to waste my time. you know of any other places in the area to catch some trout?

jadefa
04-03-2006, 02:21 PM
If its planters you seek, try the Thermolito forebay and afterbay. Good Luck!

roswalt
04-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Or you could try Bullards Bar, Collins or Englebright, I've only fished for Kokanee at Bullards it's great as soon as it gets stable and warmer and nailed the trout at Collins under the Power lines, not fished at englebright yet, but some here have try a search under the "trout board"

-fishable

SuperDave
04-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Bullards Bar, Englebright and Collins Lake are in the vicinity and better trout bets. Are you banking or boating?

SLOfisher
04-03-2006, 04:15 PM
jadefa;

I haven't been up to Oroville in a while. Didn't there used to be some Stripers in the Forebay?

jamesthebassmaster
04-03-2006, 06:56 PM
i do have a boat but its a a bass boat kinda hard to anchor. how abought the feather river before the outlet? some of my buddys said that is my best bet right now in this area.