PDA

View Full Version : Lewiston Report

Manteca Steve
04-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey Folks
Well there really not much to report about.Fishing was on the slow side. Fished on Thur 4/30 caught 1 with a couple of hits,partner of mine no hits no nothing. Rain most of the day. temp 45 degree. water temp about 45. Followed other fishsniffers advise with no avail. Had to laugh listen to the town people advice they all had different opions. *Fri same results. * Down pour most of the day.I mean it would'nt let up! Went to the town of Lewiston Sat. Luck changed! Fished near Steel Bridge there were thousands & thousands trout (rainbow) in river. :). Found out DFG release over 250.000 trout 10 to 12" in size. about 1 1/2 weeks ago. of coarse alot of them still hanging around joint. The rules are you can only keep one. catch & realease rest. also you need to be BARBLESS! Which was find with me. You talk about scrappy fish, they were jumping out of the water going berserk! *Had a blast! *How many did I catch ::) *Other than the rain we had a good time.

ratss427
04-02-2006, 03:55 PM
thanks for threport steve.the river can be a blast when the res.is slow.not sure where the fish are in the lake this time of year.?i usually fish it in late summer/fall.did you go further down river than the bridge?sounds like you didn't need to. ;)

Manteca Steve
04-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Hey Rat
Walked about 200 feet down the shore . I used kastmaster, Little Clo,Needle Fish,DareDevil, Even a Z-Ray all worked. Anything metal it would work!

merriamluck
04-03-2006, 07:10 AM
cool, great report thanks for the heads up on the dfg stock.... i love lewiston!!! i hope to get out that way soon...great camping and fishing area!!!

LKTROR
04-03-2006, 10:12 AM
:) The fish in the Trinity river are not rainbows they are hatchery steelhead headed for the ocean. Yes they are fun to catch, not very big, about 10". The limit is 1 and watch out for the MAN!