PDA

View Full Version : Bay boating question....

The_Fishing_One
07-28-2008, 11:53 AM
I notice the old piers/columns sticking out from the old berkely pier or was it a bridge ? but my question is can you boat through them or does everyone go around the very last one? cuz it is a much longer ride to go around if you are coming from the emeryville docks to get bait in the morning...........

sjshark
07-28-2008, 12:25 PM
right at the end of the pier there is a gap where many boats go through go towards the pier and you cant miss it, it's safe and it will save time if you were to go all the way around

Fat1Bear
07-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Only pass thru the area at the end of the new pier, theres a 35 foot gap that's safe to transit.

bigeasy8240
07-30-2008, 02:52 PM
depending on what type of boat your on, you can essentially go under and through the pier. There are other spots where the pylons are missing that you can cross.

Fat1Bear
07-30-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm too chicken to squeeze thru there (under pier). big you have icewater or maybe saltwater running thru your veins. :D

gmdcdvm
08-02-2008, 08:01 AM
I have been on some of the larger party boats, and they pass through the same gap. Its right between the end of the "new pier" (the part that is still open for public use) and the begining of the ruins.
G

jdecker
08-02-2008, 08:55 AM
I went through the gap past the pier and got real lucky, a lot of left over lumber down there. I followed someone I thought knew what he was doing, we both got lucky.

newtothegame
08-03-2008, 10:52 AM
better safe than sorry GO AROUND .... if you hit something goin through that broken pier area good luck in getting someone there fast enough to get you outta danger if you arent hurt in the process ... the wind and waves there in the afternoon are pretty big ...not bad riding the tops and coming into the harbor but if you get sideways or hit a piling and are in trouble it wouldnt be very pretty....

I have rarely seen boats go thru the middle of the broken pier .. just not worth it IMO .... the extra 10 mins isnt gonna kill ya ..but the short cut might.....