PDA

View Full Version : Fishing For Trout At Night?

Trout_Terminator
03-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Know if it is illegal, then some one please tell me, other than that, do you think that you could do it? i meen like leave a pole out and come back to see it doubled over? or is it just not possible, thanks for the help.

-TT

norcalfishslayer
03-30-2006, 09:42 PM
I believe it's illegal to fish trout at night.

fishguts
03-30-2006, 09:47 PM
It depends on where you want to fish, go to page 10 in the new freshwater regulations. Page 22 in the new saltwater regulations.
Alot of people fish at night on New Melones for trout .

AllFishNoWork
03-31-2006, 03:27 AM
leave a pole out and come back

You really don't want to leave a pole unattended.

merriamluck
03-31-2006, 06:40 AM
Night fishing is alot of fun!! just like fishguts said it just depends on where you are fishing so check the book....but i love it.... the pressure is pretty much zero on the water, so i think the trout are less spooked.i have seen them come closer to shore at night too. they also sell glow tips that fit on the end of your pole and are very bright at night. then you can leave your pole and chill.... the whole time watching from a distance for that tip to start going crazy... the other trick at night i like is a light up bobber... they use a watch battery for power, and come in alot of colors... deadly with a nightcrawler at night...

Wolf74
03-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Yep, I do all of that when I'm nightfishing for catfish.

superchicken
03-31-2006, 01:31 PM
I have done some of my best trout fishing at berryessa at night ;D

Slim
03-31-2006, 11:17 PM
I've float tubed while catching browns till 10:00 pm at " ;) " lake...

River fishin, Blindly casting in the dark, thought I snagged a bush when it begain to pull back, it was Nice brown. I find most of the times the bows turn off and the browns turn on at o-dark thirty!!!

Slim