PDA

View Full Version : 3/29 Best Bet

Trout_Shark
03-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Well, I have 5 days off and want to start off with a bang. SJS and I are going somewhere and I don't know about Amador right now. With this last storm coming in, do you think many of the higher lakes might be covered with snow(well, the roads anyway)? We just want to be in some clear water. I don't think the grubs will even break the surface at slowmador. :-[ If we do go out we're going for good fish, maybe macks. Any ideas? I'm getting >:( at this snow!

CaptBrandon
03-28-2006, 11:27 AM
I just sent sjs a pm have him check it.

freon
03-28-2006, 12:00 PM
TS, I have heard that someone slammed them at comanche, but it hasnt been verified so I dont know whether or not that is good, by the dam at amador might be good. the lakes up high, in addition to having snow and being cold will have a heavy runoff right now too, meaning they will probably be a little muddy as well. If it were me, I think I would be inclinded to stay low and hit those lakes. I will be in the same dillema next week, please post how you do so I know where to go, or not.
Freon

Flycanoe
03-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Reports from Camanche look pretty decent. *

The Lake Camanche Fishing Report - March 27, 2006

LAKE CONDITIONS:

Lake Camanche's current elevation is 221.28 feet above sea level, a rise of 2.36 feet since last Sunday. The lake should rise slowly this week Water is currently flowing into Camanch at 3120 c.f.s. and water is flowing out at 900 c.f.s. Surface water temperature at the dam is 55 degrees. The water is clear with a Secchi reading of 15 feet.

Gate hours for North and South shores are 5 A.M. TO 11 P.M.

TROUT:

After another week of mixed winter weather, spring sunshine arrived on Sunday along with plenty of fisherman. Trout continue to be found 20 - 30 feet deep on the bright sunny days and closer to the surface on the cloudy overcast days. On Thursday one group of fishermen reported catching limits of nice trout up to 3 1/2 pounds. They were trolling at 20 - 25 feet deep between Hat Island and the dam, using orange grubs behind a dodger and black Power Worms behind a dodger. Another group reported limits of trout along with a couple of big crappie. They were trolling near Hat Island in 30 feet of water using Fire Tiger Apex lures, Rapalas in silver/black and Rainbow Runners. Another group of fisherman were catching their limits of trout trolling Uncle Larry's spinners with a piece of nightcrawler. They were trolling from South Shore Harbour to the dam, at about 25 feet. Bait fishermen are starting to catch trout at Dike 3, south of the spillway. Anchor in about 30 - 35 feet of water and drop Power Bait to the bottom. Due to the stormy weather this week, reports from the south shore pond and north shore day use area have been scarce. Power Bait and Power Eggs are always one of the best baits to use when shore fishing at Lake Camanche. Cripp lures, Panther Martin spinners and Magic Bullets are your best choices of lures to try.

This week’s trout plant of 1,200 pounds of beautiful Mt. Lassen trout will all go into the South Shore Pond.

http://www.norcalfishing.com/current.html

Trout_Shark
03-28-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm sure camanche will be good...It is always the standout lake when most of the ML's are dirty...I like fishing there b/c I know where to get em', however I hate the fight. I remember last year when I dragged a fish for who knows how long...never even put a bend in the rod. Plus they lose scales like crazy!! And for some reason the underwater tree just north of the big hat loves my firetiger apex. I'd rather lose a lure for something a little bigger. [smiley=happy.gif]

F_C_D...Should I be excited? I think he's on right now...should be [smiley=bam.gif]