PDA

View Full Version : Stumpy Medows 1\6

Garden_Valley_Fish
01-07-2006, 06:28 AM
Got a chance to payback a ride.Wet dog has taken me out in his boat at Pryamid and Union Valley so it was my turn.Took wetdog to stumpy in my boat.We launched before dawn and started to troll the southern shore.The water has some stain to it but not real bad.The coves seemed to have the clearest water.Trolled various rapalas at 3+ mph 200 or so back.7 browns and no rainbows.The biggest being 2.2 lbs. Weather was good and cold water temp was 43. Wetdog it was a good time talking and fishing with you again .
Roads are clear but the possibility of ice is there early in the morning and late in the day.One boat launched while we were there and one was launching as we left.way too crowded for us we left at 12:30
;D ;D

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/IM000223.JPG

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/IM000222.JPG

T-160_Navigator
01-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Nice report GVF. Your one of the few who share all the details on the Brownies. I appreciate that. I'm heading to the fishing show today then either Ice House or Donner tomorrow can't wait.

Trout_Shark
01-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Nice fish GVF! Do you use red line? I have never used anything besides green and the color-changing line. I just noticed it in the pic and wanted to know what you think about it. I guess you like it..LOL

T-106: I have been trying to get up to Ice House soon. Post a report when you get back, I would love some new info from up there. Thanks guys!

wetdog
01-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Wetdog it was a good time talking and fishing with you again . Twas good fun fer sure thank you much, next time I catch YOU WATCH *;) 8)

Garden_Valley_Fish
01-07-2006, 05:30 PM
next time I cacth YOU WATCH ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lets hope so............NOT ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

Garden_Valley_Fish
01-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Trout shark I do have a reel with cajun line{red} but I use it for Koke the pole you see is wetdogs and I dont think thats red it just appears that way in the pic.I'm not that happy with it ,it seems to twist alot and then it has a memory.Ill use it for leader but I took it off my trout rods.I use 30lb braided and 70'-90' of 12lb flourocarbon.

then either Ice House or Donner tomorrow can't wait.Good luck up there T160

FishMischief
01-07-2006, 06:06 PM
If I can't get to Stumpy tomorrow I am gonna fish Ice House. *Hope to see some sniffers. *I will be gettin there about 1 or 2 for the evening fish.

GVF thanks for the good info! Is wentworth open through to Ice House RD?

Garden_Valley_Fish
01-07-2006, 06:37 PM
FC I would think so there hasnt been any snow to speak of but I havent been over the pass.When we went to UVR we went thru Pville