PDA

View Full Version : Stumpy?

TS5655
01-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Anybody know if Stumpy is fishable and status of the boat launch?

TS

The_Big_Sinus
01-06-2006, 12:07 PM
I hit it New Year's Eve... There was a foot of water coming over the spillway- so Yeah, I'd say it's no problem getting the boat in the water. It's also low enough that there shouldn't be any snow- may have to watch the ice on the way up. Might be the last chance to get a boat in before the road gets covered... I did alright- fished from 2:30 until dark and caught biggest browns I've ever got out of there, which isn't saying much. Still, any day I get an honest 18" from shore is a good one... Good luck.

Farrier_Frank
01-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Big S is right the water is flowing over the spillway and launching should be no trouble. And like Big S indicated this is the time of year to find a big one... you'll probably have the lake to yourself, too.

Hey Big S -- If you come back up here give us a holler and we'll meet you for a beer... or whatever. ;)

TS5655
01-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks Big S and Frank.

TS

Troutcoach
01-06-2006, 03:03 PM
It's also low enough that there shouldn't be any snow- may have to watch the ice on the way up.

Do you mean ice on the roads or on the ramp???

I was thinking about taking my dad there on Saturday to do some trolling. *I've never fished Stumpy this time of year and would like to give it a go. *Any advice from the regulars would be much appreciated. * * :)

Garden_Valley_Fish
01-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Just got in from Stumpy and the water is fishable I managed 7 browns One went 2+ lbs Wetdog and I had the lake to ourselfs till about 10 when Tony launched. We pulled out at noon and another boat was going in I dont remember the name but hes a guest on the sniffer.Log on and tell us how you and the family did ;D It was a cold morning but beautiful

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/uploads/690/IM000223.JPG

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/uploads/690/IM000222.JPG

Troutcoach
01-06-2006, 03:11 PM
That's a pretty brown GVF. What was the hot lure? Were you right on top?

Garden_Valley_Fish
01-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Troutcoach the ramp is fine early there was a little ice but nothing to get in the way.I would fast troll rapalas around the edges. The south shore produced fish but just a hit or two on the north shore

FishMischief
01-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Looks like you had perfect weather and a beautiful day. I was off for ten days and it rained and now that the weather is good I'm back at work!!!

GJ Nailin Um!

The_Big_Sinus
01-07-2006, 06:39 AM
Oh yeah, I got mine on a 3/4 oz gold Kastmaster- it hit about 8' from shore, probably was hanging a little deeper, tho'... Hard to shore fish right now- serious bushwhacking required in a lot of spots. Also nailed a couple smaller fish off the dam. My cousin (same day) was with me and he got 2 browns @ 14" and 16"- and one little skinny, dying planter rainbow- also using the gold Kastmaster... Think GOLD.

fenton_chris
01-07-2006, 08:05 AM
i usually do best on the north shore how weird. is the much debris?

wetdog
01-07-2006, 08:33 AM
i usually do best on the north shore how weird. is the much debris?
Area near the spillway & dam is where all the debris has settled at this time, some stuff float'n around the lake,water somewhat stained, but not bad all things considered water temp was 43 degrees ;)