PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake 12/24

BigB
12-24-2005, 10:57 PM
I took my brother-in-law from San Diego out to Pyramid Lake this morning. It was overcast all day, the water temp was 48 degrees and the air temp was 45 degrees. We launched just before 10 am and went south, to give that a try. We caught our first fish around 11:30 on a red and gold spoon near Sutcliffe. A nice red male. Our next fish was caught a short time later and a black and white Apex, which I got from Farrier_Frank last April. Thanks Frank! Our third and final fish was caught on a different red and gold spoon. This was a 3 lb male.

I tried to stay to the shore, but we were not marking many fish. We stayed out farther from shore on the way back to Peligan and marked a few more fish 16-30 ft deep in about 50 ft of water. We talked to a few people when we got back to Pelican Pt and they had not done to well either.

I know some of you may be saying "What overcast?" Well at the lake it was. There were time when it was difficult to see across the lake and the cloud level was below the top of Anahoe Island.

Merry Christmas!!

Brian

Set_The_Hook
12-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks Big B,
I was just looking for a recent report. My dad is in town and I want to take him out to Pyramid tomorrow. I will post our results.
Bill
Merry Fishmass

troutfan
12-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the report BigB. The fishing has been fair so far but I think that January and February are going to bust out with some big fish! ;D

fernley_tim
12-24-2005, 11:31 PM
hook you might look at crosbys web site and look at wind warning for tomorrow. I was going to take my dad tomorrow but gust are supose to be 46 m.p.h. out of the south. sorry for the news. tuesday looks like a better day. and im off till thursday.good luck fernley tim.

troutfan
12-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Fernley Tim is right, tomorrow is no day to be out there.
When they predict 45mph winds that is just simply life threatening!

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/rev/prodreq.php?wfo=rev&sid=rev&pil=rec&pvnum=6

littletruckee
12-25-2005, 06:35 AM
I fished at the Washout from 8am-noon and landed 3 of 5 hooked.One was 25" male.All wwere caught on woolie buggers.One on black/red the other two on purple.I talked to a ranger for a bit and he said a couple of 25" fish had been caught and one 26".Not a bad day,but not great either.Merry Christmas!!Jay

drstressor
12-25-2005, 08:07 AM
I flew over Pyramid yesterday on the way back from Florida. It really looked weird with that cloud cover. I thought that there had been a flood that had muddied the water. But as soon as we could look back on the lake I could see the islands and rocks poking out through the low cloud. Looks like a not so good week coming up weather wise. I may give it a try from shore.

Set_The_Hook
12-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Yup,
You couldn't be more right Tim. Too windy for the boat. We may try waders and toss flies or spoons.

fishing_buddy
12-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Went out saturday with Donna, Chick in Washington State. Trolled from Pelican to Spider, she caught two on cop car sting king at 22 feet deep ,not real close to shore, I caught 1 on Army Truck sting king at 40 ft down. Fished from 10:00 to 1:00, very Foggy! Called once on radio for sniffers no responce. Merry Xmas to all. :)

CHICKFISHING58
12-27-2005, 08:03 AM
I may give it a try from shore.
Hey Doc,
Let me know where your going to fish quite week for me I'll meet you so I can learn how to catch the big fish ;D
Hey FB,
I forgot to tell you I put a curse on your boat ;D Thanks for watching Lexie for me :-*