PDA

View Full Version : What's the Haps on Rancho Seco

survivor
12-11-2005, 03:51 PM
;D ;DHey gang, has anyone fished Rancho Seco recently. What's happening out there? Sometimes I like to just kick back, no boat, nice easy chair and just drown bait. With a thermos of hot coffee and a bunch of worms and powerbait!!!!
Thanks
Paul aka Survivor ;D ;D

Eric_csus14
12-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Check the thread "trout derby" for some news on Seco

pinoy
12-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Survivor, fished Seco this morning from 7 to 1030 must have been about 8-10 people fishing the south cove area by the maintenance yard. Plenty of fish swimming around but will not hit anything I threw at it(Power Eggs,Dough,Mini Crawlers under a bobber, lures of all kind) just didn't have it today, finally threw in the towel. One person did limited out by 9:30. He fished the area on the right side of the boat storage shed by the big tree using a bubble with a 3 ft leader and a power worm(probably orange peel).Saw a total of 8 fish caught.Good luck.

survivor
12-11-2005, 06:26 PM
;D ;DThanks Pinoy, looks like I might as well try Folsom, Granite Bay area. It's close(10 minutes) to my house and looks like I have just as good a chance as catching anything at Seco. Now maybe Amador may be the answer, maybe off the docks, except it costs so much, over $20.00 just to fish the docks without a boat. With a boat it costs $32.00. Oh well, thanks a lot for the info.
Paul aka Survivor :) :)