PDA

View Full Version : Amador 12/3

gotbowz
12-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I hit the shore at Amador this morning. I wanted to see if I could land a few nice cuts before the crowd arrived. I started early, about 5:30. I had planned on just casting and retreiving lures since that is really all that had worked for me in the past, so that's all I brought for tackle. Things started off slow for me, but I finished at about 9:30 with two fat trout (I'm the only one that eats fish in my house, and for me, two Amador cutbows go a long way). Both were caught on J7 firetiger raps. Its amazing how close to shore those trout can be when they slam your lure. Something else that is amazing is how fast the guy next to me was catching fish on a powermouse rigged under a bobber. I counted 4 in probably 20 minutes. Then things finally slowed down for him for awhile. I didn't get his name, but he was a nice guy who even gave me a hand netting my fish. I wont ever show up there without my powerworms again though, thats for sure.

Saw a lot of fish being caught from shore and from boats, so lets hear about how everyone else did, because that place was packed!

Ryan

fishwacker556
12-04-2005, 06:10 AM
???lots of boats on the lake,do you think 40 to 50 or less!

rickcollier
12-04-2005, 08:59 AM
I also was on the lake that day . We were trolling and we had our limit by 10:00 am .They range from 3 to 5 lbs. We was using a trolling motor at a slow pace and using just a worm nothing else. It was unbelieveable !!!I have been going to Amador for the last 5 or 6 winters and I have never caught trout this big before in all those years. They seem to put up a harder fight this year also. Worm was the magic treat for the day and I will never forget it. I got the smoker going right now . I will post pics soon.

Happy Fishing

wormdragger
12-04-2005, 04:53 PM
AMADOR 12/4

Just returned home from a day of catching.The lake was very crowded, lots and lots of boats, shoulder to shoulder on the docks and the dam had a bunch on it also. Looked like everyone got along well with it being so busy and all. Not one float tuber seen all day? Everyone seem to be catching fish, nice fat fighters too! Most fish looked to be in the 2-4 pound range with some 5 and 6er's. Looks like last weeks planting were bigger fish. Everything that you offerd worked! The bite kind of dropped off at 10:00,and then it went in spurts the rest of the day. If you have any roe, take it with you as it was the one thing that gets them every time. (Somtimes every cast) I saw some little kids having a ball with their first time catching fish, brought a smile to my face! ;D....wd

freon
12-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Excellent post guys, we were out there today and it was much the same, beautiful day and everyone catching fish.
Freon

Seceret_hole
12-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the report guys! I need to get out there and get some trout for the smoker too.

Farrier_Frank
12-05-2005, 10:12 AM
That hatchery down there must be working overtime with all the Sniffers' catching limits. Should be some good smoked trout at the next fest... I know Freon smokes up a mean batch of Amador trout.