PDA

View Full Version : Huntington Lake...browns disappeared

Snowtrout
11-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Fished sunday and the lake was in perfect condition. Low water level, cold air temps (20's), cold water (46), and no one on the lake should have made for some great fishing. The conditions were very similar to last spring when i caught a 5 1/2, 3 1/2, 3 and 2 1/2lb browns. But to no avail, all we caught were 9, 12" cookie cutter rainbows on 5" and 7" rapalas. Have fished huntington 5 times in the last month and have not caught one brown and have no idea why they are not biting nor being caught. I know lakes go through cycles, but this makes no sense since other lakes in the area have browns been producing. One thing that i did notice was lots of air bubbles coming up all over the lake and the air smelling like a fish cleaning station. Maybe that has something to do with it :-/ If anyone has an ideas/comments, love to hear them because i would hate a close brown fihery to disappear.

Highlight was seeing two bald eagles flying all around the east part of the lake.

jpayne
11-28-2005, 11:31 AM
it sounds like the lake is turning over. I think its pretty stressful on the fish until things stabilize.

notime
11-28-2005, 04:01 PM
air bubbles are just springs and far as the browns not biting it is perfectly normal. They have a mind of their own. That is what makes them so special when you get into a good bite