PDA

View Full Version : Amador 11-23-05

YakMotor
11-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Red worms behind a small dodger, Wooly Buggers bare lined, and a small Rainbow colored spoon put two (plus) limits in the boat. YEAH!!!

My good neighbor, Bruce, treated me to another afternoon of boat trolling and once we found "The Zone" frisky fish were not hard to come by. Getting them in the boat was the challenge. I again had troubles with broken knots and leaders so a few fish still swim sporting my hardware.

Bruce got the most and biggest. The tape read 20" for each of our two longest, but Bruce's was chunkier by far. He released two and kindly let two others within 10ft of the boat shake the hook on their own. I was able to release one by choice rather than chance.

Boat traffic was busy, but not crowded. With a four rod array on our skinny aluminum crossed and tangled lines were our own doing, but a couple other klutzes seemed to also want to horn-in on our mad-cap action. Bruce's bellows of, "HEY! BUDDY!" kept 'em at bay. While mostly focused on playing and landing our own there were moments to notice action all round the lake from both boat and shore. While our day was EXCELLENT, I'd say many others were enjoying themselves as well.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2908/amadorlimits112305record1kj.jpg

freon
11-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Yak, great report and I like the pics, thats too cool. Glad you guys had such a good day out there, limits for both, with fish to spare.
Freon

Durb
11-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Great report Yakmotor! By the looks of your map the fish seem to be spreading out a little. Glad you had a good trip.

Vole
11-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Yak, great day. You didnt mark where you caught them but I can kinda guess by looking at your path.

Try pulling your knots harder to see if the line/knot becomes undone. Dont pull so hard that you weaken it. It's important you lick the line with your tongue. Pull until you see the line stops sliding. Hope that helps. If it doesnt, there are things you can buy for $7 to make knots, but they're more trouble than they're worth but if you stop losing fish, maybe it's worth it.

I once lost a nice hog one time because of a bad knot. I've never forgiven myself.

wormdragger
11-24-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanks YakMotor! Your report was Great! It helped me to decide on a spot to fish on Friday morning. It was between the delta or Amador. I think now I'm going to be sitting on the bank at the middle of your criss crossing map!Looks like you had a great time! Thanks....wd

Mickey_Thomas
11-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Great report, great pic's, and the map of the day was the kicker. Thanks ;D ;D I felt like I was there ;)

fishingguy
11-24-2005, 11:01 AM
Great to hear you guys kick butt out there! I went fishing with my buddy on Tuesday from the bank and we only managed to get one fish from the docks. We started fishing around 10:00am at the far corner of the dam, where I have done great previous times out. Nothing doing on that end! :(

We moved to the docks around 2:00pm and fished until 4:15pm, since I heard so much about the dock area doing well. Threw everything at them and only got one bite myself that I missed. My buddy managed to get one on Chartreuse Powerbait that was about 1.5 to 2 pounds.

A great day out fishing though, nice and sunny! :) I wished the fishing was a little better. I did run into a fellow sniffer the Trout Terminator who caught 2 nice size cutbows and a older couple that reads the sniffer. Nice meeting you guys!

Pics to follow, once I learn how to add them.

Fishingguy

fishingguy
11-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Here is the photo of my buddy with his fish:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1852/hector4xr.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

fishingguy
11-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Here is a photo of the Trout Terminator with his two Cutbows:

http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/415/troutterminator5nv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

mike22ca
11-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Hey ood job to all fellas! Look out though, cause I'll be there tomorrow ;D

BUIDB
11-25-2005, 04:05 AM
Wow those are for sure way smaller Amador fish then Ive seen In a long time, was planning first trip out this weekend, but for fish that size Ill hit melones, and save 30 bucks.

Blktailhunter
11-25-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm with you on that one. I can catch fish that size at alot of lakes and save me alot of driving and cash. I sure wish they would go back to the fish Amador was known for. Now it's just another lake. Maybe a boycott for a week or so? ::)

Trout_Terminator
11-25-2005, 12:27 PM
thanks for posting those fishingguy. i have a really bad smile!

fishingguy
11-25-2005, 09:18 PM
You guys are correct about the size of the Cutbows at Amador. The fish seems a lot smaller than earlier in the season. I fished Amador in March of this year and caught 3 to 7 pounders. They were all very nice fish and we caught our limit. Not sure what the reason is behind them planting smaller fish. I think I will wait to go back, until I hear people catching some lunkers.

Hey Trout Terminator, nice meeting you and hope to see you out there again next time.

Fishingguy