PDA

View Full Version : rancho seco ?

420bassgetter
11-07-2005, 09:02 PM
hows the trout action at rancho seco

roswalt
11-08-2005, 12:59 PM
I called out two days ago, lady returned call today.
No trout plants until the derby. Lady told me the derby was on Dec. 2&3 tho the web and flyer on the web say it on the 4&5th so it seems like managers don't want anybody to fish there...
A week before the Derby is a good time to start calling out there and ask if it has been planted or not. T

They will tell after it's plated but don't really ever seem to know when before it happens, I like to go out the week after the derby durning the week and nail the left overs could be tons of em esp. when bad weather on Derby day.

420bassgetter
11-08-2005, 07:52 PM
thanks for the info cant wait to get out there

bankangler
11-09-2005, 10:28 PM
I don't know how many days before the derby they plant,but they plant both days of the derby.
If you go during the derby and see about 100 people on a dock,they just planted.Too bad they're mostly adults instead of the kids.

bankangler

roswalt
11-10-2005, 06:54 PM
From my observation over the past several years those two weekend plants come from Buena Vista Trout Farm (Amador).
Also observing that zoo on the Boat / Dock with adault fishers standing on top a foot of submerged dock water and desinged for maybe 500 lbs total at any time.."just more proof of the crazy trout fever" that those cutbows tend to create.

The dock BTW is sitting on the bottom of the ramp/lake at that point, so IMO just a funny and NOT a seriuos danger to humans Compaired to say as if someone fell off of a dock in 30' or 40' and could posably sink down a ways and might get caught up too deep to help..at Rancho Seco when they do fall off... Shout "JUST STAND UP" a few times, you're a hero...oh and a blanket for the frog peoples..the lake fishes good from the first derby on thru early summer. Go figure it out, you'll be glad you did.