PDA

View Full Version : PYRAMID ON TUESDAY

CHICKFISHING58
10-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Hi guys,
My daughter and I went to Pyramid on Tuesday so we finally launched the boat she parks the truck gets in the boat and the first thing she says is MOM is there reverse on this boat. I laugh and said yes silly I have forward, natural and reverse lets put it this way I'm suppose to have it.
Ok so we get ready to take off I put it in reverse and guess what I'm going forward right up the boat ramp she jumps out and I'm trying to lift the motor up but I didnít panic that was the good thing I just looked around to see who was watching and thereís 3 boats 2 waiting to come in and another bigger boat launching that also had nothing but women in it they were also having some minor things going wrong those guys that were in the water were very patience with us so we get the boat turned around motor back down she jumps in and off we go I didnít fish she put her pole out but nothing talking to people out there it was a pretty slow day we were on the water for 2 hrs we came back in and let me tell you with out the reverse or natural I have to say it was a smooth landing.
She goes up to get the truck and backs it down I have to say for her never doing it I was quite surprise after a few times she makes it to the ramp we had a hard time putting it on the trailer so she took her shoes off and in the water she goes then I told her how to hook it up she gets out of the water and pulls the boat up.
Michelle did a wonderful job I was quite proud of her I'm walking up to the truck and I see this man that I thought was waving to me so I started to wave back but then I wasnít for sure so I kept on walking to the truck and then I here him say are you chickfishing we shook hands and he said his name was Vacaville Bob what a wonderful man so we helped him launch. Michelle and I were both impressed with his launching abilities he was in a huge and I mean huge motor home that also has internet capabilities in it go figure.
I asked him why is it that guys from CA only launch with 1 rope so then he showed me how he ties it up to the back of the boat see I learn something new every time I go out.
I tried calling the guy that worked on the boat but he is not returning my phone calls so I wonít be taking my boat out for awhile till I can get it fixed looks like shore fishing for awhile thank god Iím fishing with Rugman this weekend poor guy ;D

SuperDave
10-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Beth, where did you fish?

vvbob
10-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Chick, Thanks for your help yesterday, really appreciated it.

When I anchored the boat yesterday afternoon using two 100 foot ropes & a big anchor that a friend of mine made for me years ago....the lake was like glass. At 1:30am the pounding surf woke me up. After
getting up 5 times to check the boat, & noticing that it appeared to be moving. I decided if I was going to get any sleep I had better pull the boat. So at 2 AM I drove the motorhome over to the ram & backed it down, I left the parking lights on so I could see it. Walked back to the beach & out to the boat, which was still in about the same depth of water I left it in. It really wasn't to harry getting the boat out, just took my time & let the wind help me. I bet these people around here thought I was crazy,driving around at 2 in the morning! but, paid too much for for that rig!
There is a line up at the launch maybe 15 rig's waiting on the wind, talked to the couple next to me & they said it was breezy till 11am yesterday.
As I am writing this the wind is dieing, & it's 11am. *Looks like I'll be able to fish today after all :o
Thanks again Chick ;D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHICKFISHING58
10-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Bob,
See I told you to use my anchors if you need me to pick something up for you let me know glad it worked out ok ;)

CHICKFISHING58
10-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Beth, where did you fish?
right out in front of the dock area didnt want to go to far because of the reverse ;)

SuperDave
10-05-2005, 11:23 AM
right out in front of the dock area didnt want to go to far because of the reverse *;)

But you had 2 forwards! ;)

ITUKAWAL
10-05-2005, 11:47 AM
But you had 2 forwards! *;)

Right on - That way Beth can go twice the speed of jello. ;D