PDA

View Full Version : Hercules Refugio Landing.....

johnnyblade
06-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Has anyone ever fish here? Is it a good fishing location?

bigeasy8240
06-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Not sure where that is? *Would that be the launch area in Hercules? *

johnnyblade
06-27-2008, 02:32 PM
I think the location is inside the new homes call Victoria By The Bay. One of my friend told me you can fish behine the park.

bigeasy8240
06-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Sure can! ;) Watch the train, it's been known to swipe a fanny off! ;D

FisherBoats
06-27-2008, 03:21 PM
But Refugio would be a long street going into Hercules Middle High School, there's a little lake running from a creek on refugio valley road that holds catfish. Wouldn't eat it but it's sure is fun to fish there.

dempsey
06-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Refugio Landing is where Refugio Creek goes in to the bay, It's a couple of hundred yards up stream or to the east of the old Hercules Pier. You can access that area from victoria Bay at a couple of different spot, some a lot less walking than others depending on where you want to fish. It's good fishing from the pier all the way to Rodeo, It's fairly sallow all along there but the Bass come up in the shallows at night and this time of year the sturgeon are in the shallow water flushing the gills , day and night.

As said before WATCH OUT FOR THE TRAINS they cant stop!!!!! And it's easy not to hear them especially the AMTRAKDont take any chances, if you even think you hear something get off the track and then look.

nayr
06-27-2008, 04:47 PM
I used to fish there a lot when i was staying in el sob. Got my first sturgeon out there this year! I ususally fish off of bullhead rock. or at the dynamite factory depending the tides. Also dont forget about point wilson right down off pinole shores. Ill be back in crockett at the tank tomorrow.

loose_goose
06-27-2008, 05:17 PM
:o :o must of missed the serious Q?....monater please....

nayr
06-27-2008, 05:31 PM
:o its good for an occasional striper or sturgeon. Its not worth fishing on low tides. :o

johnnyblade
06-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Where is Point Wilson? I fished at Pinole Shore alot but never heard of Point Wilson. Thanks

nayr
06-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Point wilson is that sand/rock formation that goes out into the water about 150 ft. Just to make sure we are talking wbout the same areathe directions would be.------> If you are going down san pablo ave towards richmond its the right hand turn at the light to enter PINOLE SHORES. Follow that road down to the end where it will turn itno a dirt parking lot. Park there and walk down to the shore, point wilson is to the left.