PDA

View Full Version : german browns at union valley

jethrobfsn
09-26-2005, 12:57 PM
just to give all of you a heads up. was trying my luck on the deer opener >:( :-X spotted some nice size germans cruising the dam. it looked like they where chasing bait fish. good luck

FishMischief
09-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Hmmm I'd be surprised if the were browns. I haven't heard of anyone catching a brown from there in a while.

krzyfshrmn
09-26-2005, 03:46 PM
No kidding......It's been about two years since I've heard of a brown being caught in UV ??? ???

notime
09-26-2005, 04:01 PM
It was probally a lake carp. But you never know

jethrobfsn
09-27-2005, 07:04 AM
ok so let me correct myself. what I think I saw, not caught, was a fish in the trout family [ not the sea run type ].was not in the bass family, was not a sturg. or perch or catfish and or carp. but was in the trout family. And they where cruising along darting after the smaller fish [ no I dont know what kind the small ones are ] I quess next time I better have the facts or just not share the info and get some crawlers and catch a limit.

ctsron
09-27-2005, 07:41 AM
??? Maybe a cup of coffee is in order?

FishMischief
09-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Relax man... we are not messin with ya. Reasonable assumption. We are just commenting.

Probably not macs I think the surface temp is too high. The lake does have some large bows.

CenCoast_Angler
09-27-2005, 12:58 PM
JETHRO,
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna head up there this wknd and try and catch me some trout. It don't matter to me what kind---just as long as I catch more than a buzz.
Judging by the frowning faces, the bucks must have been hiding. But good luck next time. I've been deer hunting in California twice and haven't got one yet! Still fun though.
PK

HSUSteelie
09-27-2005, 03:22 PM
There are still a few browns left in UVR...
I was fishing for macks in early May at UVR with my Father(On my birthday) and he landed an 8lb brown across from the dam in about 50ft of water on a Rainbow pattern K-14 kwikfish. It was the only fish we caught all day, but it was a beautiful fish. I will try and get him to email the pic to me so I can post it.

HSU Steelie

norcaltopliner
09-28-2005, 12:31 AM
Didn't catch em myself but, my buddy has a little hole that he bank fished in July and said he caught two 15" browns from UVR. One was released and I got to taste the other. Hook went in too far. I've never personally caught one there. By the same token, I've never caught a small mouth there either.