PDA

View Full Version : Brotherly Browns

scoop
08-15-2005, 10:14 AM
With all the posts about heat waves and slow fishing during the summer, I like everyone else was starting to believe the stories myself ???. I even had a few slow days while fishing for bait (Kokes). But brother Co-Pilot kept telling me the big boys still have to eat. Well last Friday he finally talked me into going chasing big browns again and thatís a chase Iíll remember for a long time. ;D ;D Although Iíve caught a ton of Browns this year so far, My biggest was still 6 lbs. And I was due for a hog.
Tim had picked a lake that he bagged a nice 8 lb Hookjaw last weekend and said if the bite is still on, we may get lucky. We launched at about 5 PM and started pulling big Rapalas on Downriggers. We marked a lot of big fish at about 65í so thatís where we set our lines at. We went over one ridge and got a double hookup on shaker bows. We put back in and started along a steep rock wall when my line popped from the rigger so hard I thought it broke. :o This beast hit like a freight train and a runaway one at that. I told Tim I had a big one and he cleared the deck and got the net ready. The fish took over 100í of line on the first big run and wanted no part of the boat. When I got him about 30í from the boat he went airborne and took one last big run. After about a 5 minute battle we finally got the fish netted. We both looked at each other and said I think itís a 10 so we weighed it and it came up 9 lbs and was 26 1/2" long. Oh well, itís hard to complain about a personal best especially when itís a trophy hookjaw. This was the only Brown we caught but it was the one we were after.
Here are a couple pics, and I also included one of the 8 lber Co-Pilot landed last weekend.
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/070734.jpg

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/070735.jpg

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/070736.jpg

ITUKAWAL
08-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Hey Scoop, those are some fine looking Brown's. We are all humbled. From the shore line behind ya I would say that was at UVR. Other than that you must be keepin' the name of the pond a secret. Great post and great fishin'

ITUKAWAL aka Steve

Flipper266
08-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Those are some beautiful fish. Congrats on the catch!

troutfan
08-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Beautiful Brownies! ;D

TS5655
08-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Great fish Bruce. You guys just continue to have good luck no matter what the season is. Your hard work has really paid off for your guys.

Terry

notime
08-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Atta boy Bruce

They do still have to eat that is for sure. Keep up the good work

Scotty

ratss427
08-15-2005, 05:25 PM
way to go bruce! nice fish.just a biscuit away from 10#. ;Dall real nice fish.looks like i need to stop surf fishin for stripers and start thinking about the lakes again ;)

RBC
08-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Scoop,
That's an awesome fish. The brotherly love seems to be working on them browns. Thanks for the report and the pics.

BassFooler
08-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Holy jiminee that is a beautiful fish!!! :o

Garden_Valley_Fish
08-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Way to go guys an 8 and a 9lbr and good looking fish

Mark_Damron
08-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Nice fish!! Sure looks like Caples lake. That's my guess! PHM

RIVER_RAT
08-17-2005, 05:05 AM
Scoop, nice looking fish. I recognize the lake but your secret is good with me.

B.S.
08-17-2005, 07:49 AM
scoop,
That brown has great color to it. I like the blue on its head. Its funny how big browns can be caught in the heat of summer.I was told they stop eating when the water warms up by a old friend but I have had my best luck fishing for trophy browns in july and aug. Keep up the good work and I bet you will get your 10#er soon. Brad

Live4Trout
08-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Congrats Bruce!!! awsome colors on that Brown, what a trophy. I agree with Brad, you and Tim are really on top of the game this year and you guys landing a #10 or two this fall wouldn't suprise me. WAY TO GO!! BTW that looks like Stumpy to me L4T john

mighty_bite
08-18-2005, 08:54 PM
FEAR THEM OL HOOK JAW,FEAR THEM! ;D ;)

b0nk
08-20-2005, 03:18 AM
Awsome story and pics. Thanks for sharing

wetdog
08-20-2005, 07:05 AM
Congrats Bruce!!! awsome colors on that Brown, what a trophy. I agree with Brad, you and Tim are really on top of the game this year and you guys landing a #10 or two this fall wouldn't suprise me. WAY TO GO!! BTW that looks like Stumpy to me * L4T * john
YA STUMPY THAT'S DA TICKET ? *??? SMOKE ON THE WATER ! :-/

crispybrnkiller
08-20-2005, 10:21 AM
CONGRATULATIONS ;D Bruce its been a long time coming and I for one know how hard you have worked for that pig as I have been out there with you more than once ;)you seem to be right on my tail when it comes to catching browns and ready to pass :o I guess as soon as my hand heals up I am gonna have get busy .whats next brother ? a 31 pound lake carp ;D GET-R-DONE I just wish people could grasp how many hours it takes ON THE WATER to get your own system to produce them big boys .I for one cant wait for week of rippin this fall.

Cris

aka_the_dawg
08-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Hey Bruce, thats one good lookin fish! ;) There's something wrong with the picture though! I'M NOT IN IT!!!! I think I'm gonna be down with some knee surgery soon, but the ole fishing arm still works. Lets plan a trip soon and get some more of those big boys for our family album.

krzyfshrmn
08-23-2005, 05:27 PM
What else can I say Bruce......SWEET ;) And yours is'nt half bad either Tim ;D ;D

medicrob
09-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Beautiful fish fellow fish sniffer! Any location possibly availble? Thats OK. Eventually I'll find em !!!

Co-Pilot
09-15-2005, 09:57 AM
I've stayed away from posting on the boards for a couple months because of a bad attitude. Partly mine, and partly someone elses. We all get them and they usually are short term. Well I've lost the tude but I will remain cautious about my posts.
I would like to say congratulations to Bruce on his awesome hookjaw, it was great to be there even if I was the netboy. I've never seen a brown take line like that one. Talk about screamin drags. ;)
The comments were all good and thats a good thing. As far as the lakes go, Me and several friends fish a group of 6 or 7 lakes for browns. Stampede and Hell Hole are 2 of them, and the rest we chooose not to post for personal reasons. I have said this in the past, but with 4000+ members and probably that many more sneak readers I choose to not bring attention to a lake that has a hot bite. If you feel you need to know the lake, PM me. It's no secret, I just don't like to advertise it until late November or December. Then it's Stampede and you're welcome to join us. Just bring your thermals ;D
What I will say is Bruce caught this big boy in the middle of three ski boats, who all became a cheering section when he landed it. Lots of fun, but not as much fun as the fall bite which is NOW.
So bring out your rippin rods and check your line. make sure everything is right because when the fish of a lifetime hits, he will find the weak spot if there is one.
Fish like this are everywhere, it just takes time, dedication, and gas money to find them.
good luck in the hunt.

ken_fishnfool
09-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Very well said Co-Pilot. I am hearing you.
Those are some mighty pretty fish! :o

troutfan
09-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Ditto, very well said co-pilot and I agree with your sentiment! ;D
Anything as great as these hogs takes a ton of effort! ;D

TS5655
09-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Welcome back Tim.

TS

Mickey_Thomas
09-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Bruce and Tim you're still my heros ;D beautiful Browns, thanks for sharing 8)

aka_the_dawg
09-18-2005, 01:40 AM
Welcome back Tim. *Nice to see you posting again.;)