PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Loon Lake

dgerrits
08-26-2005, 02:18 PM
My friend and I are going to Loon Lake for the first time tomorrow morning. I have a 16' boat with downriggers, lots of tackle which I prefer to keep. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

BassFooler
08-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Advice? Yep- watch out for the rocks.

Oxbow
08-26-2005, 02:49 PM
If you plan to use the riggers, head straight out from the dock til you hit deep water, 80 to 100 ft., and turn right. There is a fairly deep run down the middle but as Bass Fooler cautioned, don't take your eyes off the sonar or you will be donating equipment to the rock gods! Good Luck

robert_long
08-26-2005, 02:54 PM
ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS...but don't let that get you down. Down the middle is ok, watch the finder as you troll and you will be ok. Sepp's minnie blade with a worm works great.
Did well at about 30 feet down.Enjoy one of my favorite lakes.

Robert

BassFooler
08-26-2005, 03:06 PM
I feel that in all fairness, I should amend my response- yes, watch out for the rocks, they go from 35ft to 1 ft INSTANTLY in certain places- just pay attention and you'll be fine.
Tackle- stop at the store on the on the way up (between UVR & Loon) and pick up some of the spinner rigs handtied by one of the locals. (long leader, single colorado blade, a few beads and a hook), worm on the hook and slow troll topwater so that it will sink a bit-...
Tight lines d- hook'em UP!!

dgerrits
08-26-2005, 03:13 PM
BassFooler,
I liked both responses... Humor is always good.
Dave