PDA

View Full Version : mounting a downrigger

joe_tomlinson
08-23-2005, 07:13 AM
has any one mounted a cannon sport troll manual downrigger, on a 14' alumanum gregor. I was thinking Id mount it on the center bench. any help on how to build something to mount it on would be helpful. Thank you.

CHICKFISHING58
08-23-2005, 08:11 AM
Hey Joe T,
I had a buddy mount my downrigger on my 14ft Lund he used a side mount not for sure all the stuff he used but give me a pm and I will give you his number and he can tell you how he did it. Works good my downrigger is a walker and itís pretty heavy ;)

lazylab
08-23-2005, 04:23 PM
joe t i used the 8' pedastal mounts that came with my seats i have a 14' mirro craft put a scotty on the center bench an one on the front .sits just above the side of the boat perfect and plenty inboard.

flyingtrout
08-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Might not look as slick, but quick and easy, an ABS Plasic step stool. Look for the hard plastic, thicker (more $) than the flimsy ones.

Woodscrews through the legs into the bench. Elevates it high enough to clear the gunnel. Downrigger can be bolted to the plastic.

Was a temporary fix for me, but works well enough that I've not quite gotten around to the slick install.

ziggy95722
08-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey Joe T ;DI fished two mag 10ís out of a 12íKlamth for years. I found used aluminum at Blue Collar Supply in Sacto. I started with 2-ľĒX 8X8 pieces of aluminum, with a piece of ľĒX4X4 AL square tubing welded between the two plates. Make sure the 4X4 AL tubing is tall enough that the downriggers clear the beam of the boat. I mounted the rear DR on the aft seat on the port side of the boat. I mounted the other DR on the middle seat on the starboard side. If you donít have the equip, to weld the aluminum, cut and drill all the parts and take it to the local welding shop.
Tight lines Ziggy ;D
;D