PDA

View Full Version : Hwy 88 - Flower Show

SierraSkier
08-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Hi folks, the flowers at Carson Pass are just going off. If you are in the neighborhood I highly recommend checking out the Mokolumne Wilderness. Start at the snow park at the summit of Carson Pass and hike south into the wilderness. It is a truly amazing show this year.

crestliner
08-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey , Skier .
Last weekend I was using Panthers on a small creek near Spicer . ( Camping at Alpine )
Did great on small Brookies .
But I know what you mean .
The flowers along my hike were fantastic .
Had to add those to my fish pictures .

Later !

Rusty_Hooks
08-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Post a couple pics up on the board guys!! ;D ::)

There are some of us out here that enjoy the flowers too!! ;)

fishnhockey
08-12-2005, 05:41 PM
oooh, I can't wait! I saw sooo many beautiful flowers when we were up at alpine area last month. I thought it would've been too late now. We'll be heading that way to get to hope valley on sunday, so we may just have to do some detour hikes.
Sierraskier, do you also cache? stevens peak?

badbobfishing33
08-17-2005, 12:54 PM
I guess this post should be moved to the "Flower page" or "sightseeing page" !! LOL LOL

go up and look at the flowers ah how cute!! too funny...... my wife will love this one!

crispybrnkiller
08-17-2005, 03:33 PM
boy you go away for awhile and they change the trout board to a flower show :-/

Crispy 8)

drstressor
08-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Real men like flowers. ;)

SierraSkier
08-17-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi fishnhockey, havent been to Stevens since the ski season, but I am sure it is raging now as well. *Cache too. *I am just amazed that the show is still going. *Definitely stick to the wetter meadows, the drier meadows are done. *We are still skiing Round Top.

Have fun!

Farrier_Frank
08-17-2005, 07:22 PM
My oldest son (32) has been on the cover of Italian, Swiss, French and US magazines for extreme skiing. He is a film maker and owns his own company and specializes in filming extreme situations for National Geographic, the Discovery Channel (crabbing in the Bearing sea), and private and European enterprises. He just returned from filming in El Salvador; has dodged the rebellion in Nepal; filmed Doctors without boarders in Peru; and last year filmed Tibetan culture on the Silk road, in the midst of the Pakistan/India conflict; and climbed and skied a 20,000 ft mountain in India for an online magazine. And you know what? He likes flowers.

I've been nailing shoes on horses for 36 years and have the broken bones to prove it. I love what I do, but it's not just the horses that keep me inspired. It's what surrounds me everyday when I go to work that keeps me inspired. And taking time to smell the roses is a big part of what keeps me going.

Fishing is like that for me, too. I can go out for three days and not catch one fish and still come home happy because I spent the time surrounded by natural things. And wild flowers are as special as seeing an Elk in velvet.

fishnhockey
08-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the tip, had a wonderful 4 days, and so many flowers so late in the summer, very cool!

skipper
08-17-2005, 08:27 PM
This was taken at one of my favorite fishing holes. How could anyone not enjoy beautiful wildflowers ?

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5309/flowers8ay.png (http://imageshack.us)

skipper
08-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Sorry about the size of the pic.
Thought I had it down sized, don't
know what happened. It's gotta be
those dam gremlins again, couldn't
possibly be my fault. :o :o :o
:-[ :-[ :-[

AllFishNoWork
08-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Well, it lost some of it's glory in the reductuion, Sorry. What is great is we stop to enjoy some of Gods creations while in pursuit of the bounty.

skipper
08-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks allfish. I never pass up a chance to take a pic. of a beautiful nature scene.

fishnhockey
08-20-2005, 09:30 PM
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/3f9d5362_a0f9/a575/__sr_/e273.jpg?ph9FBCDB_gxCilQc

Flowers around blue lake

Rusty_Hooks
08-21-2005, 07:16 AM
Real men like flowers. ;)

Haven't heard that in a while.....

Too busy digging flower rootstock, to ship ;D ;D

Pretty impressive credentials on your son Frank, sounds like someone started him out right ;)