PDA

View Full Version : Please send an AB 7 support letter to the Governor

BradWillis
07-23-2005, 09:27 AM
AB 7 is now in the Senate Appropriations Committee. We need to be sending letters to the Senate committee so that they will pass the bill. At the FOCH site we have made it easy. Please go to the "Send a Support Letter" page and look for the link or click here:
www.aroundthecapitol.com/act/billletter.html?bill=ab_7&cmtehouse=S&cmte=APPROPR IATIONS

It is now looking like our bill will reach the Governor's desk. On the Friends of California Hatcheries website we now have a new support letter for the Governor. Please send letters.

To get there go to the site and look for "Contact Governor" or click here: http://www.friendsofcaliforniahatcheries.org/Contact%20Governor.htm

I hope that we can get just as many letters to the Governor as we have gotten to Assemblyman Cogdill...

We can do this thing........

Brad
www.friendsofcaliforniahatcheries.org

Fixed Senate Appropriations email Link

reeltor
07-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Brad- I just sent my 2 e-mails to the governor and the Senate Appropriations Committee. Thanks for your hard work on this issue.

BradWillis
07-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Thank you Reeltor.

I am hoping that we can flood the Governor and State Senate with emails.

Thanks to all the FishSniffer board members who have been so supportive of this important legislation...

Brad

montev
07-23-2005, 12:07 PM
My emails have been sent....thanks for all the hard work on this issue!

BradWillis
07-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Dear Sniffers,

Just to clarify. This is a different support letter than the one that we have been sending. This letter is to tell Governor Schwarzenegger not to veto this bill (and sign it) if it gets to his desk.

Here is the letter:

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger:

I am writing to request that you sign AB 7 into law if it should come before you.

AB 7 dedicates 33 1/3% of the sport-fishing license revenue to the Hatcheries and Inland Fisheries Fund to be used to support fish hatcheries and the Wild and Heritage Trout programs. This would provide the necessary level of funding to maintain California’s hatcheries and inland fisheries and to ensure a quality fishing experience for all anglers.

Most anglers believe that their license dollars go toward making sure there are ample fish in California’s lakes and streams. However, with the exception of a few specialty stamps and cards, all sport fishing license sales revenue goes into the large Fish and Game Preservation Fund. The Department of Fish and Game (DFG) then decides how to budget those dollars, which are used to support a wide variety of programs. Despite increasing revenue from sport fishing license sales, the DFG has allocated fewer dollars to hatcheries and wild trout programs in recent years and has decreased its levels of fish production.

When anglers buy fishing licenses, they expect a service to be provided. It is essential that, if the State is going to continue selling licenses, it provide a high-quality service. Additionally, the economies in many rural areas rely on the sport fishing industry and the tourism it brings.

For these reasons, hatchery and wild trout funding must be addressed immediately and AB 7 would do so. We respectfully request you to sign AB 7 into law.

Sincerely,

First Name:
Last Name:
Address:

City:
State:
Zip:
Email:

So if you support this legislation, please take a minute to send a support letter...

Brad

ratss427
07-23-2005, 07:14 PM
just sent mine off....come on everybody.this is the future of our fishery at stake. :o

FISHSTALKER
07-24-2005, 06:29 AM
Brad - I took the time this AM to send mine off. I hope all Sniffers will find a few moments to do their part. The future of our fisheries is dependant on our involvement.

fisherman_jim
07-24-2005, 06:48 AM
Brad,
I just took the few minutes necessary to send off the letter of support.
Thank you for your efforts on this important issue.

I think most of us just take it for granted that our fees go to restocking our fisheries. We need to pay close attention to how our dollars are spent.

Fisherman Jim

fishrman4life
07-24-2005, 01:58 PM
sent my friend and thanks a lot for ur help ;)

johnbfishin
07-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Done deal and thanks for making that so easy.

RBC
07-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Brad,
My emails have also been sent.. and again thanks for all your hard work!

gone fishin
07-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Thanks Brad,

I've noticed that in my area of El Dorado County the trout planting schedules are way down to non existence this year.

I've sent my emails, and I will continue to voice my opinion to this very important issue. I believe 100% that the funds that we pay the DFG should be used for our fisheries. Please everyone support AB 7.

gone fishin
07-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Here is the reply I received form the Govenors office regarding my email.

Thank you for emailing Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. The Governor
appreciates you voicing your opinions on proposed legislation affecting
our State.

The Governor does not take a position on legislation until a final bill
has reached his desk. The Legislature has until September 9, 2005 to
pass legislation and the Governor has until October 9, 2005 to sign or
veto proposed bills. Should the Governor take action on this bill, the
Governor's Office will notify you at that time.

You may continue to follow this and any other bill before the State
Legislature at the Official California Legislative Website:
www.leginfo.ca.gov. You may also read any legislative messages from the Governor at
his website: www.governor.ca.gov.

Again, the Governor appreciates your interest in California's future.
An informed and engaged citizenry is important to effective government
in our State.

Sincerely,

Office of Constituent Affairs

hoghunter3
07-29-2005, 04:56 AM
Just sent a couple E-Mails in support. Thanks for making this so easy for us

PianoFish
07-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Just sent my letters off, Thanks for the work to get this done.
Pianofish

reeltor
08-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Just ran off 50 copies of Brad's letter to the Governor and dropped them off at the local bait shop, where they can have customers sign them and FAX to Arnold. Hope it helps!

Collegebound
08-03-2005, 08:52 PM
I sent them off. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention, without it I probably would've never noticed.
Mike

troutfan
08-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Brad - I took the time this AM to send mine off. I hope all Sniffers will find a few moments to do their part. The future of our fisheries is dependant on our involvement.
I'm sending one a day until it reaches the Gov's desk! 8)

BradWillis
08-07-2005, 01:11 PM
FishSniffers,

I would like to report that we have now had a huge increase of electronic support letters from the FOCH site. The number is now 250 letters to the Governor. These letters are to urge signing of the bill if it gets to the Gov's desk.

The other count is 700+ letters to Assemblyman Cogdill and I have no way of tracking the letters to the Senate Appropriations Committee, as they are done on another site.

Thanks to all who have sent letters. Please take the time to send one if you haven't done so yet....

BradWillis
08-09-2005, 08:58 PM
FishSniffers,

The count is now 365 letters to the Governor. If you haven't sent one, please do.

If you want this important fisheries legislation passed, please take 30 seconds to send a support letter.

For some reason, the majority of the letters are now coming from Southern California.

Please click here to send a letter: http://www.friendsofcaliforniahatcheries.org/Contact%20Governor.htm

max1
08-09-2005, 09:10 PM
I did my part. My letters are on their way :D

highlands
08-11-2005, 05:00 AM
Done

Collegebound
08-13-2005, 04:23 PM
I just hope it passes. Hopefully Arnold will come to his senses before it comes to his desk.

BradWillis
08-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Governor Schwarzenegger is likely to sign this legislation if anglers send him a support letter or send him a personal email. He needs to know that anglers want this bill signed.

If you haven't sent the new electronic support letter that goes to the Governor, click here:
http://www.friendsofcaliforniahatcheries.org/Contact%20Governor.htm
Or send him a personal email at governor@governor.ca.gov

We have now sent almost 500 Governor support letters and 750 support letters to Assemblyman Cogdill.

Thanks to all who are supporting this important fisheries legislation.

Brad

BradWillis
08-20-2005, 08:39 PM
Now the count on the AB 7 Support Letters from the Friends of California Hatcheries site is:

650 AB 7 support letters to the Governor (and the Governor is noticing the letters)

800 AB 7 support letters to Assemblyman Dave Cogdill

It is not known how many anglers have sent an email to the Senate Appropriations Committee because the link goes to another site. Here is the link: http://www.aroundthecapitol.com/act/billletter.html?bill=ab_7&cmtehouse=S&cmte=APPROPR IATIONS

The Senate Appropriations Committee will vote on AB again on Thursday Aug 25th. If they don't pass the bill, the bill is dead.
Please, if you haven't yet sent a letter, it's not too late.

Thanks to all who have sent letters.

Brad