PDA

View Full Version : I need tips for fishing at...

fishhound
08-16-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm moveing to Redding in a few weeks and i need some tips for fishing in shasta lake

ratss427
08-16-2005, 05:42 PM
do you have a boat?what part of the lake will you be accessing?

Collegebound
08-16-2005, 07:24 PM
shasta has always ended up being a letdown for me, but im sure it works well for others. throw crawdads into the reeds with a #2 hook for bass. that works ok
Mike

fishhound
08-16-2005, 07:33 PM
ya i have a boat but i'm more into salmon and trout fishing

ndiezel
08-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Forget Shasta! Go above Burney and you may find yourself into some of the greatest trout fishing in the western states: Hat Creek & Pit River.

MrFisher
08-17-2005, 09:22 AM
For Trout Top water casting , run up the McCloud arm near the running water.

Troling McCloud , Sac Arm and around the dam.

Get out early before the wake boarders and tubers

Fish report...

Trout fishing is Good. Most trout are holding around 25-35 ft. and salmon have been holding around the 60-80 ft. range. Small baits have been working well like the sockeye slammer II or Humdinger in shad colors following a Dodger in chrome or Chrome blue.

No Boat needed. LOL
Hat creek is real good for Trout but I haven't cought/ seen many big ones come out of there. Pitriver and Fallrivers are also good places, bigger fish. Thoes and others are Stocked regulary and you can call 530-225-2146 to find out when and ware.

Other lakes and places arn't to far away so don't get stuck on just one. LOL

;D

fishhound
08-17-2005, 09:53 AM
ya i have fly fished in hat creek and baum lake before and in baum lake my father caught a 25" eagle lake trout

OTDRSMN
08-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Lucky you to be moving to Redding! There are tons of lakes and streams in that area to fish. Besides Shasta I would go to Whiskeytown Lake and fish for fat rainbows and kokanee! ;D Also check out fishing the river in downtown Redding as there are some really big rainbows that gourge themselves on the salmon roe from the salmon runs. I'm sure there are some archived articles that you can pull up on the FishSniffer website that will give you tons of good info on where to go and what to use! ;)

Flipper266
08-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Lucky dawg....Moving to Redding..Enjoy it. Fishermans paradise.... ;D

fishhound
08-17-2005, 10:15 PM
ya thats the reason im moving there

MrFisher
08-18-2005, 06:30 AM
The trout are on a good bite ,i here and the Salmon have just starting to run in the river. But salmon are still a little slow on the bite,but they'll be thick and biting everyware soon thow. I'm excited . LOL
I'm just outside of Redding my self. Maby see ya at the river. Makes me drool every time i take the kids to the hatchery and check out battel creek. Shoot its almost like you could walk across the backs of the salmon and never get wet there so thick in there. Down town Redding at the park there's even a fish viewing place ware you can walk down and see them through the glass going up the fish ladder. Of corse there jumping and its hard to go watch if you have a pole with ya.LOL
Welcome to NorCal /Redding.
Robin