PDA

View Full Version : fishing along highway 88

highway88fisher
08-04-2005, 04:25 PM
I am going to be in the tahoe area for the next week and a half... I do have a boat this time, but it doesnt have downriggers. I have lead core line though. Does anyone have reports on silver/caples/red/blues??? What should i troll, lures, worms, worm/flasher??? I really want to hook up with some browns/macks... should i try any different lakes around there???

highway88fisher
08-05-2005, 05:34 PM
bump

khiameru
08-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Check my post on trophy plants at silver

rich_nelson
08-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi
Just got back from a week at Silver -- lake is very warm at surface and most fish were caught ~ 20 feet down, slow troll - (we were using a canoe). No trophys, fish were 9-14 inches. Fly fishing down outlet stream was OK - - small, agressive fish, but we had to go below the potholes to get breathing room on the weekends. It seemed to be a very popular spot with the heat-wave in the valley. Just a note -- the Fish and Game warden was on the lake Thursday - - the first time I've seen one at Silver in years. The Dam use to be posted as a non-fishing area due to the fish ladder. It usually is crowded with shore fishers - -but
was noticably bare when the warden was there. I don't know if it is still off limits. The best car acessable shore fishing is down the road towards Plasses from Kays, about halfway to the lagoon parking lot. There is a big slab of granite extending into deep water. Use chartruse sparkly power bait.
The other spot is at the end of the road on the east side of the lake where a small stream comes down the mountain - -
again, on a granite slab extending immediately into deep water. Have a good time next week.