PDA

View Full Version : Spaulding on 8/6

johnbfishin
08-05-2005, 08:57 AM
I'm planning on taking my Dad fishing at Spaulding (the dead sea) tomorrow, if anyone else is out there look for the Smoker Craft and that would be us.
I know a few folks were hitting Spaulding lately, any updates or tips to pass along?

northriver_tom
08-05-2005, 09:09 AM
dont forget to try for the salmon...let us know if you hook any...thanks..

khiameru
08-05-2005, 01:49 PM
I wish I would have known earlier we just decided to do Stumpy on Sat. good luck though and let me know on the Salmon it would be nice to hear, I've only seen 1 big one this year, it was 4lbs easy. I would try and be on the water before the Sun is and I always caught Salmon right in the boat ramp cove on wiggle warts but not this year * * yet
and if you find an old Rapala in one of those coves in the back its mine

lazylab
08-05-2005, 02:05 PM
dw shouldnt you be working ;) get ready for next weekend 8) johnb try the inlets and the island if you can still get around it. i did the topeline out of the ramp and got a nice bow at 15"s on a pinns rainbow minnow , did the jig thing and nailed the land locks an 2 browns to boot 8)

khiameru
08-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Lazy why didn't you post about this awesome fishing trip when you got back, I probably should go to Spaulding now. But Salty is going to Stumpy just thought I would go with him. Did you catch those Kings at the wall of plenty

lazylab
08-05-2005, 03:09 PM
i did post an fenton chris was there the week before. its a coupala pages back ! 1 rainbow, 11 landlocks, an 2 browns 8) rainbow first, an the rest at the wall and another spot salty and i have looked at 8) ;D no0body has called me for the stump, i just mite do the dead sea ??? 8)

johnbfishin
08-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Well I picked up some frozen Anchovies to troll around for a bit. Saltydog mentioned this when I ran into him at Bowman. By the way, the kings are the main target. I've caught a couple using flashers and a crawler but it was dumb luck...better than no luck. ;D

khiameru
08-05-2005, 03:48 PM
I just might see you there John, if so it will be first light I'll be on channel 69 if I make it. You will see the van in the lot

johnbfishin
08-05-2005, 04:03 PM
That would be cool, it's been a while since Bowman.
Channel 69 it is should you happen by.

lazylab
08-05-2005, 04:27 PM
try the chovies on a killer salty had luck on this onethis leaving the ramp 8)

lazylab
08-05-2005, 05:19 PM
8) ;D got the go ahead and will be there am.dw plan to leave at fourish will have company in tow see how it goes! ??? johnb look for a pale yellow miffo craft dark blue sub in the lot 8)

johnbfishin
08-05-2005, 05:46 PM
I see the fire is spreading *;D I plan to pick my dad up in Auburn by 4:00 so that should put us at the lake 5:00-5:30. See ya up there.

johnbfishin
08-07-2005, 06:01 AM
Ooops! Alarm clock malfuntion (or human error) so we didn't get to the lake til around 9:00. I gave DW a holler on the radio and his report was "You haven't missed anything". A bitter sweet report if ya know what I mean.

Anyway we trolled the whole freakin lake for 3 bites and one small king in the boat that came on flashers and a crawler. Here's the kicker, I had layed down for a power nap about 1:00 pm letting my dad drive. I felt the boat turn a little too sharp and looked up to see lines crossed all over the place, 3 out of 4 lines were tangled then suddenly one of the tangled lines pulls from the release, fish-0n! Not a recommended method but we did get get a king out of the mess. ;D

Farrier_Frank
08-07-2005, 06:36 AM
;D Sounds like your dad took boat driving lessons from Pink Boat.

lazylab
08-07-2005, 08:04 AM
???sorry i didnt make it. at least you got one :P nobody seems to want to get up at 3 around here?

khiameru
08-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Yep I was on the water at 4:30 did my usual thing that usually works, but it did not produce, Tried the rest of the tackle box to no avail. good to see Johnb and Misty again nice boat John.Good to hear you caught one of those Salmon even if it wasn't this years fish