PDA

View Full Version : limits at Eagle but missed the stars

appleinorange
08-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Got limits at Eagle every day, Thur. 7/28 thru the following Thur.8/4. I was there when Bite Me and his daughter were. And Hoghunter3 and the misses. We all fished the same water. Miners Point to the Eagles Nest. We just missed each others stars.I don't know how I missed the Bite me II. I always look for Kens boat when I am on Eagle. I WILL HAVE A RADIO NEXT TIME. :(
Will any hand held vhf radio do? I dont want to talk to the world just other sniffers on the lake. :-/

Big_Country
08-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the report Appleinorange - heading up to Eagle tomorrow, will be fishing Monday through Thursday.

Were you just trolling? That's what we'll be doing. Fishing anywhere from 25' on down with assorted lures...

If anyone is in the area, try to reach me on Ch 69. Any handheld VHS should work just fine for Eagle.

Tim

appleinorange
08-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Tim ,just about anything you throw at them will work. I caught all of mine on trolling flies, Black one day then Orange, red and then cinnamin. Sounds like the guys that fished in a little deeper water did better. Fish Miners point to the Eagles nest just outside the fleet of bait fisheman. Wildcat point was also very good. Fish just of the ledges. Your best bet is to go to eaglelakefishing.info and get Vals report, it is usually right on the money. Good luck Rick

Big_Country
08-06-2005, 09:49 AM
I've got a whole tackle box of assorted lures, flies and whatnots...should be fun. Will file a report next week.

I've already warned the kids that we will not do any C&R - due to the high PH levels... Cheers.